Muhammed Ali won't be down for breakfast.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not really worried about your respect given some of the comments you've made in this thread and others.

The point is and remains, is not simply that whether you have to have served to have some perspective on "draft dodgers." I'm pointing out that you're not a black man that had to face racism in his time, and then was asked to go fight in a war that even many white people didn't believe in. Much less a black man that was told he was pretty much subhuman all his life. Now if you had fought in the war, were black, been drafted etc......then you could say you walked in his shoes at least in part.

He didn't answer the call to the military because of his religious beliefs, racism, whatever.... in which I disagree with that notion wholeheartedly. But I believe in the right to do so.

There is no right to avoid the draft. I'm sorry my conservative ideology upsets you. I understand im a right winger, but I've never supported anything that bad.

You're right, I was never in his shoes as a black man being drafted during the Vietnam war. This is only the perspective of a cracker with no military experience. Take that as you will.

finishnailer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's kind of funny listening to a bunch of white guys ***** about racism to another white guy..... im sure I'll take a bunch of heat for this, but WTF?

Latest posts

Top Bottom