Mullendore Mystery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a resident of Osage county, for "awhile" and being associated with most of the landowners in that county back in the day, (Drummonds, Haddens, Oldfields, Donaldsons, Chapman/Bernard, and others as a cowboy) (about a half million acres)

I can assure anyone there is a history there. EC Mullendore was certainly in trouble financially as most are at different times. Nobody knows the real story, but I certainly don't accept the death bed story of Chubb. Who knows that he ever said it? Its just another story in the murder that will never be solved.

He was busted growing pot, illegal gambling, and other offenses that the story doesn't report on.

Osage county has a history that most would never believe.
I'll leave it at that.

Well one more story that one on this board might appreciate......Gene Stipe ended up as part owner in that ranch. I'll let Y'all figure out that one. Its public record.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Mullendore name cropped up on a list of royalty owners in a Chesapeake division order for a property my great-grandfather farmed around the turn of the 20th Century in Payne County. Other names on the DO included Oklahoma State University because the properties involved included Lake Carl Blackwell. I used to live in Osage County and knew George Wayman, the county sheriff at the time of the murder, so I'd heard him tell stories. It certainly made for interesting gossip.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My moms side of my family is based in Osage county and still live and ranch there. Our Mullendore connections: a great uncle, Paul Burchette, was an accountant for the C.B. ranch; my father went to school with EC; my mothers family ranched and knew the family, my mom knew Katsy and the kids, some other family members; I had an old gf who used to work for a business that Chubs wife had in Bartlesville; etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom