Murder Charges

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's going to take one heck of a lawyer to escape that. I don't think Mass. Has the gun laws we do, but even if they did, that is a highly questionable shooting.

Sanford

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't see the problem. Drunk male bangs on the door and breaks a window. The only question in my mind is whether he broke the window before or after the homeowner answered. If after I'd lean way in the favor of the homeowner being justified in protecting himself.

Old rookie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without further information, it sounds like a bad shoot.

Even with my limited knowledge, the news article doesn't make it clear whether there was "imminent threat of injury or harm". Breaking the glass and pounding on the door could lead to a threat, but as reported, I don't see the threat.
I'm not being argumentative, but would appreciate some discussion based on Oklahoma law??? This is an important aspect of castle doctrine, I think??

Okie Boom

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Without further information, it sounds like a bad shoot.

That is the direction I was leaning. I think with enough investigation and intuition one could easily determine that the drunk idiot was not a threat, just a drunk idiot. It probably makes it a little bit tougher for the homeowner with the guy being a teenager.

Sent from this mobile thingy. Please forgive any misspelling/grammar. I did the best I could.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even with my limited knowledge, the news article doesn't make it clear whether there was "imminent threat of injury or harm". Breaking the glass and pounding on the door could lead to a threat, but as reported, I don't see the threat.
I'm not being argumentative, but would appreciate some discussion based on Oklahoma law??? This is an important aspect of castle doctrine, I think??
There's certainly a lot to argue about in this case. To me, there's a distinction between legally justified and morally justified. I'm hesitant to draw any firm conclusions until we know more about it...it's possible we won't know more until the trial is over (assuming there will be one).

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Would not be a trial if in Oklahoma. As soon as he broke that glass that's called breaking and entering. Which is a felony. Which, with the Castle Doctrine, can be used to apply lethal force to stop someone.
A grown man intent on doing you harm or a 15 year old drunk 'kid'? It's hard to tell sometimes in the daylight with a clear head. Compound that by being awakened and then the adrenaline dump for what you think is a break in. You don't always have minutes and hours to sit back and ponder.

Bottom line: kid was severely stupid. To put it bluntly, he played stupid games and won something for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom