Musicians in OSA

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a drummer I always appreciated help from a percussionist, or two. That is if they could keep time. :)

It especially helps when doing cover tunes that have two drummers, and a whole percussion section, and everyone expects one single drummer to do it all at the same time.
What I like best about Jam bands, Allman Brothers, Widespread Panic and many others all have a great percussion team

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I play a very little bit on keys. Even less on guitar. I'm decent on drums and really good at the congas (and willing to play other auxiliary and hand percussion.) Unfortunately congas, even though they are quite prevalent in a LOT of music and just about every major touring act that isn't hard rock or metal has a percussion section it's largely overlooked at the local gig level. Probably seen as just another mouth to feed when it comes to divvying up the gig money.

Anyway, if you get at least some drums, bass and guitar together I'd love to come sprinkle some extra percussion on top. I'm in Tulsa but I'd drive a bit for an occasional jam or for a rehearsal if it was for a gig.

Let me know!

Bryan
918-943-0054
Thank you Bryan, great percussion is a welcome addition at outdoor gigs

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a drummer I always appreciated help from a percussionist, or two. That is if they could keep time. :)

It especially helps when doing cover tunes that have two drummers, and a whole percussion section, and everyone expects one single drummer to do it all at the same time.

I've been told I have very good meter. I consider the drummer the "lead" and always follow nicely but have done several gigs where me on congas was the only percussionist. It adds so much to songs that I can't believe more people don't seek it out for their band projects.

BryanDP

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What I like best about Jam bands, Allman Brothers, Widespread Panic and many others all have a great percussion team

Yes, and Doobie Brothers and Steely Dan and just about any similar band from the 70's into the 80's. But also country, pop/rock. You name it. Even the SNL Band has a huge percussion section.

Latest posts

Top Bottom