Anyone looking for guitar lessons?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm trying to scare up some work for my son, who is a musician. He graduated from UCO with a degree in classical guitar, minor in jazz guitar. He plays weekend gigs with a local band called Attica State, works another job 4-5 days per week and gives lessons in the evenings when he can get them. Plays in a church band on Sundays too.

I'd say he is a musician, not just a guitar player, he can teach pretty much any type of music you may be interested in learning. If you know someone looking for a good instructor or just looking for yourself, send me a PM and I'll get you his contact info. I don't know his rates or his typical availability, you'd need to discuss with him. He's very laid back and easy going, but expects you to learn and not waste time.

Thanks.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
flatwins;
He's in the OKC metro area and can travel a little, but I'd say BA is a bit too far.

LC;
So.. only if he's as good as Tommy Emmanuel? Tough crowd. We saw him down in Norman a few years back, pretty awesome.
I know he can play fingerstyle, just not sure at what level but he has grown his nails.

I just texted him, he can instruct fingerstyle. Whether you end up as good as Tommy E, I'd say that would be on you. Send me an IM if you want to talk with him
Thanks.

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Still trying to get some business going.
He's got a major in classical guitar and a minor in jazz guitar from UCO.
Thanks.

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I might be interested depending on his rate. There are a LOT of people offering lessons in OKC from a ridiculous $80/hour to a more reasonable $15/hour. To be competitive he's going to have to meet or beat the $15/hour (which is very good money for teaching guitar in my book). I took lessons in college but, honestly I'm terrible lol. I would love to try it again to justify the $1k Fender Strat I bought a few years ago and now mocks me and my bank account :( . I couldn't help it, it was pink paisley and irresistible....ugh. Anywho, yes, I might be interested :)

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, that's Attica State. In the video, my son is the bass player, long blonde hair. He switches with the guitar player for a set or so. I don't know that they have a video posted of him on the guitar unfortunately.
Here's another link of them playing. Hope it works, I haven't linked a video before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts

Top Bottom