My fellow pistol guys...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They look fantastic! May I ask how they're secured?

Hate to give away all my secrets! :)

Contact adhesive. Both the grips and the skin are sprayed separately and allowed to sit for about 5-10 minutes, then I stretch them across the grip and make sure that there are no air bubbles.

I didn't actually coat the ones in the picture with anything, some I'm curious to see how they hold up after more use. The last thing I want to do is make some for somebody and they not hold up as they should.

Stan

Traxxis

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How hard is that black palm wood? You are making some good looking grips! :thumb:

It's pretty hard. The thing about it is, it's very fiberous, or stringy, so it splinters really easily. It's also pretty heavy.

Thanks for the compliment! Hoping to pick up some more exotic wood this week. Would be nice if I could sale some. The hardest part is drilling the holes.

Its pretty hard for a monocot.

botanical humor...

lol, sorry, I don't get it. :)

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It's pretty hard. The thing about it is, it's very fiberous, or stringy, so it splinters really easily. It's also pretty heavy.

Thanks for the compliment! Hoping to pick up some more exotic wood this week. Would be nice if I could sale some. The hardest part is drilling the holes.

lol, sorry, I don't get it. :)

From the all knowing Wiki:

Monocotyledons or monocots are one of two major groups of flowering plants (angiosperms) that are traditionally recognized, the other being dicotyledons or dicots.

Olyeller is a botany professor on the side. Seriously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom