My First AR Build... :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was musing about the handguard rail I really wanted and found such a good price, I bought one.
A Yankee Hill Diamond Series Specter Length (9.675") for $87! (Midway for example has them for $130).

YHM-9637-DX.jpg

That adds a few more bucks to the build, but I presume I'll be able to sell the 12" rail for $50 or so.

Here's where I found it so cheap:
http://www.exilemachine.net/shop/

Their prices in general are quite good (e.g. also got a Magpul Gen 3 Pmag for $11.30)

For those interested in a cheap complete upper, another option I found is from our local Fat Boy Tactical. They have a few complete uppers for $350-380 (standard handguard)

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let us know if that Specter-length YHM rail comes in. Those guys' prices and in-stock inventory seems almost too good to be true on a lot of items. Their Troy Alpha rails are ridiculously low for the ones without a sight, but the ones WITH a sight, seem pretty spot-on. Seems a bit weird to me.

Hope it works out and we've found a new vendor who is reliable and cheap! :D

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was musing about the handguard rail I really wanted and found such a good price, I bought one.
A Yankee Hill Diamond Series Specter Length (9.675") for $87! (Midway for example has them for $130).

View attachment 34096

That adds a few more bucks to the build, but I presume I'll be able to sell the 12" rail for $50 or so.

Here's where I found it so cheap:
http://www.exilemachine.net/shop/

Their prices in general are quite good (e.g. also got a Magpul Gen 3 Pmag for $11.30)

For those interested in a cheap complete upper, another option I found is from our local Fat Boy Tactical. They have a few complete uppers for $350-380 (standard handguard)

I run the specter length on my rifles with carbine gas systems. It's nice because it covers the gas block without having to use a rifle length guard. It's an aesthetics thing for me dunno why but I just like that look.

I'll probably run rifle length guards whenever I finally get around to doing an SBR I want the suppressor recessed under the hand guard.