My first CCW

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been trying different gun/holster combos for the last 20 years.

I still haven't found gun/holster nirvana yet.

The closest I've came was a J frame in a Don Hume JIT Slide.

Why did I ever get rid of that combo? :scratch:

Anyway...good luck! :rolleyes2

Jeff3C

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Glock 27 in a Milt Sparks VM II anytime I have jeans or shorts on. I do wear dress clothes daily and the Glock is a little tough to conceal with a tucked in shirt so I carry a Sig p238 .380 in a pocket holster.

I definitely perfer the Glock based upon dependability, stopping power, and accuracy. Alot of guys bash the .380 but theres no one that 3-4 round of Gold Dots to the chest won't stop. The most important thing is find something that fits you and stick with it.

If im not sleeping I have it on me. Period.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It all depends on what you want to get out of a ccw gun. First off I think if you are going to have a gun and a CCW then you need to carry every day all day without fail. In order to do that you need to pick a gun that is comfortable for you to carry. That gun may be a 1911...a Glock fullsized or compact...a Smith and Wesson Revolver...or something smaller like a Ruger LCP / LCR...a Kel Tec P3AT...or a Sig p238. You just have to under stand that the smaller you go the less firepower you are going to have. But I will say that if you pick a gun that is too big and uncomfortable then you will probably not wear it..so please pick one you can carry every day. For me when I am not on duty as a police officer I choose to wear a Smith and Wesson 642 Deluxe Talo edition it is small...comfortable to wear...fits in my pocket...and has adequate kill power in a .38 +p with 5 rounds. I also wear a Ruger LCP in .380 auto with a 7 round capacity. what the Ruger gives up in kill power it gives me two extra rounds. The choice of a ccw gun is a very personal thing and you have to decide what works for you and how you are going to carry it. But any gun is better than no gun....Just my Opinion

Honeybee

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
After I got turned down for my CCW I just carry a tire iron. Haven't had a problem yet, everyone leaves me alone and I can just tell the cops I have a flat.

spd67

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sometimes I envy the fact that women carry purses and can put a bigger gun in there comfortably while us guys are resigned to pocket, hip or IWB holsters for smaller guns....I almost want to carry a purse just so I can have a bigger gun...but until I start carrying a purse I'll just work on shot placement instead.

Latest posts

Top Bottom