My first Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

T0PN0TCH

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My First Was An Xd .45 And I Liked It But My Chief Deputy Groseclose Said If I Planned On Getting Into Comps. I Would Need A Glock For Thier Superior Barrels And And Overall Parts Avail. I Got A G21..i Had Some Getting Used To With The Much Fatter Grip But I Found That The Fat Grip Actaully Placed My Trigger Finger In The Right Spot And Kept It There With Each Shot..i Love It And Am Most Accurate With It...but Thats Because I Ve Dry-fired It A Go-gillion Times. Great Choice...though I Am Now Buy The New Combat Elite From Colt...and I May Carry It On Duty..cuz Its Sexy

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
concerning glocks - there was an equipment listing for the IDPA nationals last year at USSA. (i think i have the name right). anyway listed the number of bags, hearing protection, eye wear brands, etc. and the number of each type of gun that was shot. want to guess what the leader was. glock 34, about 76 shooters shot them and then the glock 17, about 34 people shot those. by far the most popular gun/brand shot. the next highest gun was like 10, then 7and then 4. only one guy shot a XD and there were not that many 1911s. so these were guys driving far and spending money to compete on the national shoot - i bet many could shoot whatever they wanted - they chose glock. that is telling me something. (the count of 1911 might be down in IDPA because of the lower amount of rounds their mags hold causing mags to be switched out and adding to your time).

i have a friend that is a kimber man. 1911 man, he thinks all glocks, xd, and m&p are junk. been trying to get him out to a IDPA shoot and join the real world. to be honest, i have seen a lot of jams with 1911s even the expensive ones. glocks simply work. kind of the AK47 of the handgun world.

you will grow to like your glock.

Reaction score
Getting a new gun is always a good thing, so congrats. Reliability will be quite good. Getting a Glock is even better, because it's so much fun to upgrade as you go along to a better pistol - and it will retain most of its value, so it won't hurt to upgrade. :p

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glock;s arevery reliable pistols. I carried aG-36 and shot aG-17 in competition. I prefer the ergonomics of the S&W99 and S&W M&P line and now shoot a S&W99, S&W M&P9Pro and S&W M&P45.

Latest posts

Top Bottom