My First Holster!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Leather is 8-9 oz. Die is Fiebing's alcohol based Mahogany.
When I do the LCP holster, I plan to use a lighter leather (probably somewhere in 6-8 oz.)

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yea that's alot better.
Which 44 is that? A Charter Arms? Never mind I see it now. I've got one of the Titaniums. Good guns.
Looks good by the way.

For those who didn't see it, it's a Taurus 44, 4" barrel. I looked for holsters by other leather makers, and couldn't find one for this gun (most were for the 8" model).

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you sure that's a first try?

Nice holster. Looks pretty functional, have you carried with it yet?

OK, I cheated. I made a knife sheath first. But yes, this was my first holster, and second leather project.

No, I have not carried with it yet (wearing a tucked shirt today as I need a more "professional" look), but I plan to do so tomorrow. I'll report on how it goes.

thesensei

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
very nice! how much time do you have in it?

Thanks! It's tough to measure the time, as I've put in 20 minutes here and there as I had free moments over the weekend. Probably about 2 hours total. I'll watch the clock on the next one I make!

I'm going to do an OWB for my Glock, and an IWB for my mom's LCP. I'll time the work on those!

Latest posts

Top Bottom