My new acquisition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just put one hand on the steering wheel at 6 o’clock. Move your hand the way you want your trailer to go. Don’t go past 3 or 9. No fast and huge movements.

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just put one hand on the steering heel at 6 o’clock. Move your hand the way you want your trailer to go. Don’t go past 3 or 9. No fast and huge movements.
Solid advice.

I think the best place is to find a large church parking lot that is empty and practice backing the trailer into parking spots. You get lots of room to pull forward, swing around, and change approach angles and the lines mimic camp sites. If you feel like the trailer is cutting too hard and getting away from you, never be afraid to pull forward a bit to straighten it out and try again. Don't try to save an approach where the trailer is starting to get 65-75* or so to the tow vehicle, jackknifing is NO FUN.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start watching at 6.5 minutes, you will feel much better about your backing up skills.

Hahaha, that definitely makes me feel better. Reminds me of when I bought a jet ski a few years back. That short freaking trailer would get all out of sorts if you breathed heavy on the steering wheel. I felt like a complete moron trying to back that sucker up. 😁 😁 That was part of the reason I should it with very few hours of use on it. 😁

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the congrats everyone. And I completely understand the "I could never make that trade" comments. It took me a few months to get myself ok with selling the Mustang. But, I think it was the right decision for us currently.

As for the backing up thing, I'm planning on going to the Lloyd Noble posting lot this weekend and spending some time practicing. And, since I live so close to it, I'll probably do that quite often until I get comfortable with it.

The only bad thing is that I'm going to have to trim up one of my trees to be able to get it in my driveway. These pics are taken with it in my neighbors driveway as it sits right now. They don't live there, so they offered to let me use the driveway for now, but I'll feel better getting it into mine with my security cameras on it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom