My new acquisition

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently mentioned that I had sold off my 68 Mustang (and that I'm sure I'll regret it eventually) in preparation for the purchase of a travel trailer. Well, my wife and I picked up the new home on wheels last night and right now, I'm very happy with the trade off.

The Mustang that is no longer mine:
20221106_153814.jpg
20221106_153801.jpg

And the new (to me) trailer that is:

20221116_161646.jpg
20221116_161735.jpg
20221116_161710.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I recently mentioned that I had sold off my 68 Mustang (and that I'm sure I'll regret it eventually) in preparation for the purchase of a travel trailer. Well, my wife and I picked up the new home on wheels last night and right now, I'm very happy with the trade off.

The Mustang that is no longer mine:
View attachment 320101View attachment 320102

And the new (to me) trailer that is:

View attachment 320103View attachment 320104View attachment 320105

You will really enjoy that RV. We have been RV'ing 6-7 months out of the year for 5 years now.
Met some amazing people that we call or text with daily that will remain lifelong friends. Be meeting up with a dozen couples this winter in Arizona in our group.
In the RV world nobody is "special". Everyone is just an Rv'r enjoying being out with other folks and experiencing nature.
Those that think they are "special" quickly find themselves camping alone.
We are having the best times of our lives.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You will really enjoy that RV. We have been RV'ing 6-7 months out of the year for 5 years now.
Met some amazing people that we call or text with daily that will remain lifelong friends. Be meeting up with a dozen couples this winter in Arizona in our group.
In the RV world nobody is "special". Everyone is just an Rv'r enjoying being out with other folks and experiencing nature.
Those that think they are "special" quickly find themselves camping alone.
We are having the best times of our lives.
We are looking forward to it. We will be starting out with short trips in the state until I get used to towing the dang thing. We eventually plan to take it on longer trips to see places we haven't seen before.

Of course, I need to learn how to back the dang thing up successfully in under an hour too. 😊 😊

MilitantBEEMER

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We are looking forward to it. We will be starting out with short trips in the state until I get used to towing the dang thing. We eventually plan to take it on longer trips to see places we haven't seen before.

Of course, I need to learn how to back the dang thing up successfully in under an hour too. 😊 😊
You’ll be a pro backer upper in no time. 😀Congratulations!

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I rented a travel trailer about that same size for a 2 week trip to the east coast this year. that was actually the trip I proposed to her on. We really enjoyed the travel trailer, the comfort and convenience cant be beat, there's just so much of this nation to see. Ever since that trip a travel trailer has been on our list of future purchases. I personally wouldn't mind a class c or class A motor home, whether its factory built or maybe build it myself.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That looks like a really nice trailer!!! Congrats!!! :thumb:
I considered doing the RV thing when my Mother sold here house in OK, but I’m really glad I ended up buying my house up there.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yea if you are not enjoying the car i suppose it needs to go.
I am in a different boat though.
I use my old car to pull my trailers and my boats.
When I had a mustang it also had a trailer hitch and pulled things thousands of miles.

I do hope you get a lot of enjoyment out of the trailer though.

El Pablo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Start watching at 6.5 minutes, you will feel much better about your backing up skills.

Latest posts

Top Bottom