My new fiber optic internet speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Blue Peak fiber is supposedly coming to my side of town in a year or so. I'm not holding my breath.

Meanwhile, I'm searching for an unlimited plan on a hotspot device (4G LTE, 5G isn't available in my area yet) that isn't crazy expensive.

fatcpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here running a mesh router system off of fiberoptic internet? I’ve always had cable internet and now have a mesh system running. If you have a mesh system running off of a fiberoptic router, how is it connected?

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone here running a mesh router system off of fiberoptic internet? I’ve always had cable internet and now have a mesh system running. If you have a mesh system running off of a fiberoptic router, how is it connected?
Mine is connected via Ethernet from the fiber gateway to the “master” mesh unit. I’m running a TP Link DECO mesh.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have Vyve broadband and I get the gig speed. On WiFi it’s usually around 250-450 down and the up is about 100. If I goes directly off the modem it’s about 900 down. Very happy with it. It’s $107 a month. Pretty high but I’m thankful I have it. Didn’t have any internet where I live before a couple years ago.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I have Vyve broadband and I get the gig speed. On WiFi it’s usually around 250-450 down and the up is about 100. If I goes directly off the modem it’s about 900 down. Very happy with it. It’s $107 a month. Pretty high but I’m thankful I have it. Didn’t have any internet where I live before a couple years ago.
As much as I hate Vyve I have thought about getting their 1gig speed service. I can get it for $60 a month for 12 months.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm very happy with my OEC Fiber speeds. The wifi speeds aren't as high as I would like them to be, but I think that's mostly limited by the phones themselves. My work and home computers are connected directly to the modem, and this is the standard speeds I see. And considering I make a living over the internet (no, I don't have an OnlyFans page), I need all the speed I can get.

1689699759317.png

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’m at the very fringe of Windstream’s coverage in Tulsa, and my unincorporated dead-end street with just a few houses still has copper connections so my only wired option is 15 mbps. The new subdivision 200 yards away has up to 1 Gbps fiber optic; I’m told that Windstream plans to have every street within their covered area supplied with fiber optic within 5 years, but I’m not holding my breath. I did have to complain to a customer service supervisor last week that per mbps, I was paying way more than the folks across the street enjoying fiber connections. She agreed to reduce my monthly payment, but it’s still ridiculous; if I had other wired options, I’d switch in a hurry.

Latest posts

Top Bottom