My New Vaquero!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sooo I took it with me today and afte all the "work" was done I broke out my new toy and got to shoot it. I didn't get to shoot as much as I wanted to because all I had was the HP and at $25 for 20 I was a little conservitave. I still have 6 left. Only because I had to shoot 3 more time when I seen this thing slithering in front of me on the way back to the truck!! I shot it about 10 yards away and finally the 3rd! shot did the job. Blew it in two and sent the a$$ end of it 10ft away.

I know it's not big, but it sure was fun trying to hit the thing while it was trying to get away!

ai641.photobucket.com_albums_uu135_jmiller556_64816c68.jpg

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Believe me, I am! I called 3 different walmarts, academy, and Bass Pro and couldn't find any ammo for it. Maybe I can find the dies for it at least.

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My ex has the very same gun. Love that bird's head. Now I'm gonna have to see if she'll sell it! We used to shoot a lot. Mine is a 7 1/2".

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v235_TheGunsOfElGuapo_The_20Guns_20of_20El_20Guapo_FILE0162.jpg

Man, forget those high prices for ammo, and start reloading. It's kinda fun, kinda easy, and for sure cheaper. Somewhere I have the # for a guy that does a great hard cast bullet, sized and lubed. I'll try to find it. It's been a while. Save that brass! Buying 45 Colt ammo is for tourists!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you really want to save, you'll get into casting too. Takes some time, but I cast almost 500 .38 bullets yesterday, for next to nothing plus the gas used to run the stove.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Yup, that's the general idea. I'll post some pictures soon of my casting setup. Relatively cheap to get into, and for the savings over buying... I'll put together the stuff you'd need too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom