My P238 has finally arrived!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was in SportsWorld's parking lot doing a deal with Oklahoma_mike and my phone rang and Kevin from SportsWorld was on the phone - I didn't even answer it until I was right next to him inside!

I ordered the all black one in June and some two-tones came in last month. I turned one down (had my heart set on the all black) and had regretted not taking one of those since. The one that came in was the newer version with night sights and rosewood grips. Here are some pics - some just for size comparison. This won't replace my Colt Government .380 Pocketlite I stupidly sold several years ago. But it will be fun!

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_P8070088.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_P8070089.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_P8070092.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_P8070093.jpg

I plan on getting some custom grips in elk, moose, or something crazy.

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_SET807FULL.jpg

ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_w29.jpg

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice, you probably already know but Mustang mags and holsters work great on the 238. Not sure about grips. Is your's post-recall?

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, that is sweet! We need a range report. I am curious to see how snappy this one is. I know several people did not like the LCP because it was too small, but I like the look of this!

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All the ones being shipped out now are Post-Recall.
I really didn't want to go through my 3rd recall this year!! (LCP and PPK/S)

I'm assuming the slide is stainless underneath - to be honest I haven't got to handle it very much. I picked it up during work and took the pics at my desk. I got some strange looks... But no one asked me any questions or complained!!

I'm hoping it shoots as sweet as my old Government Pocketlite
ai49.photobucket.com_albums_f284_kevinmichaeldick_coltweb.jpg

Any suggestions on the grips? Pursue some wild like the green or go with mastodon ivory grips?

scrabtree121

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow thats LIGHT! This the first time I've seen one of these and now I'm sitting here rationalizing why I need one. But I have to ask I've heard a lot about 380 ammo being impossible to find were you worried about that at all? or are the rumors untrue?

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think you will like it, it has real sights and a decent trigger.

I predict an LCP up for sale in the near future. Watch the classifieds near you.:thumb:

Latest posts

Top Bottom