My paint looks shiny now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys and gals.. yes 47 dodge.."hybrid"
I did wash and am now waxing the wife's corolla.. flushed the power steering fluid just a bit ago
and changed her oil and filter..
She stays happy! :)
I will be ,, or want to be driving that 57 this summer..

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was all stock. I was going to redo everything, but didn't have the funds back then. I got married and life happened so rather than it sit I gave it to my dad and he ended up selling it later. I wish i had it now that i could actually do something with it and make it nice. That truck has the sweetest lines to it, and the cowl lights and cowl vent just add to the characture. Oh yeah and the tilt out windshield frame.

I bought it in Randlett for 200 bucks and it was complete and rust free with a title. the only real thing wrong was of course the bed wood was rotted out and the seat was super raggedy. When we showed up with the trailer, the old guy said.. "what did you bring the trailer for??" (We trailered it home...LOL)

Once in a lifetime..........

: )

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks!!!
Mine was almost a basket case.
My dad's fishing drinking buddy got it from his wife in 1972 as a wedding present.. they installed a 57 chevy rear end
and a 396" BBC from his super gas chevelle that ran 9.80's Tunnelram with 2 4's The 396 was a 1965 425HP 396.

It had a th400 ,and the truck had no wires no brake lines no glass.
No interior.
He was hurting for money in 1986 and i got it for 700 bucks...
Then my girlfriend got pregnant in 1987.. so i sold the engine to one friend who skipped out of town without paying for it.
625 bucks ,, a dollar a HP.

I sold the truck to my fishing drinking buddy for 700.
My wife bought the truck back from my buddy in 2006 for a birthday present for me.. 900 bucks.
It had sat outside all it's life with no glass.. but did pretty well..
It sat in my back yard for 2 years...

I felt that old truck needed to be driven , do i stopped all my projects and spent 3 solid months on the truck to get it road worthy..
The factory leaf springs were broken and some welded back together...

It now has a 9" ford from a truck and ford truck springs moved under the frame..
I purchased a pinto from puckets and installed the front end under the truck.
I had a 1969 300HP 350 that i tweaked a little and i built a TH350 for it and ran all new break lines and wired it.

She has ran 13.51 ET and gets 18.4-18.6 MPG currently with 3.25 gears and no overdrive..weight is 3180 lbs
A little heavier than i was shooting for.. but i installed heavy steel in the floor and a steel bed floor also.
I use it as a work truck...It has front and rear blinkers and brake lights are 62 impalla.

It has Ford, Dodge, Chevy, Honda, Mitsubishi, and Harley Davidson parts on it.. so it is my Hybrid.
$2,250 invested been driving it for 5 years.

Your's sounds like it would have been easier to complete..
I have owned over 300 vehicles and this one is my favorite. I miss a few that i had..

JonDough

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow...super cool!!! You did good dude! : ) It's great that it's running around instead of sitting somewhere!! The one i had was out running the last i knew of it...it ended up black and blue...so i hope it's still out there traveling around somewhere!!

porscheman2944

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can use a nibs file to file off paint drips and runs. My Porsche I painted twice and when I was shooting clear coat when I tilted the gun it ran out the top vent hole of the gun and dripped out on the clear as I was shooting it. I got to be real good with the nib files. . .

Latest posts

Top Bottom