What Spray Paint Brand is the Toughest?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Powder Coating has came along ways since 1985.

But agree above with good prep is the key to paint!
And powder coating!! Starting in the 90's we did a lot of ATV frames, never an issue, and they were absolutely abused, MX racing and big jumps, to big jumps at the dunes. Running drags at the dunes is like sand blasting, still no issues.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
we did a lot of ATV frames, never an issue, and they were absolutely abused, MX racing and big jumps, to big jumps at the dunes. Running drags at the dunes is like sand blasting, still no issues.
I wonder if the frames were sanded at all before they got coated on the go carts.
With your results vs mine I would say the prep before PC was not good on our stuff.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Great prep, will help cheap paint. Part of prep of PRIMER.Clean, sand, clean, degrease, prime, sand, paint.

Bad prep, the best paint available won't last.

Doesn't matter what kind of paint, primer, prep or project.

Rattle can on metal, Rustoleum is good stuff
The Atwoods machinery paint is good, too.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. I have been bead blasting small parts and washing them off with alcohol, priming them, and then painting them. The Walmart paint I was using just didn't stick really well.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the help. I have been bead blasting small parts and washing them off with alcohol, priming them, and then painting them. The Walmart paint I was using just didn't stick really well.
You want a complete degrease, use acetone before spraying and if metal I use a propane torch to "sweat" the moisture out before spraying.

Latest posts

Top Bottom