My Popeyes 8 piece jumbo shrimp combo UPDATED with Popeye's reply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only place I have ever been where the food looked like the pictures was back in Japan in the 90s. The McDonalds burgers and food looked exactly like the pictures. The employees other than being Japanese looked like they were out a 1950s Norman Rockwell picture. Clean, tidy, tight giglines and the paper triangle ice cream man’s hat on. The places were spotless. Difference in work pride and ethic for sure.
So were the streets and walkways Ultra clean.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your not getting the point of tariffs. The reason you have Everything made out of country and our industries decimated is pretty much because of NAFTA and inflation. Just those two things. There is no way to dispute this. Hence the reason to have tariffs to protect American jobs.

American companies have been taking a loss from NAFTA every year it existed except the first year of its inception. Trump tried to change this to an extent with USMCA but he is gone and Democrats poison everything they touch.

Due to the lack of tariffs to level the playing field any American manufacturing company can not exist for any period of time before a foreign company out of China comes out and under cuts it massively. If a company can not level the playing field to compete with that they are gone. Period. Blaming that on CEO’s is not reality. Tariffs are needed to help protect American jobs or the American products will leave or get shut down. No two ways of it.

Blame the dead old beast NAFTA. Nobody had to lobby for that disaster during its decades of American decline. And then China got its fingers into intercontinental trade and poof. Hopefully the Democrats don’t bastardize USMCA and level what’s left
American companies made a big mistake hiring Chinese to work in our Tech companies. Too dang many spies. Ever notice how China's fighter jets look almost exactly like our own? China copies weapons that we make. I have an old Norinco shotgun that is a exact copy of a Ithaca Model 37 12 gauge shotgun that I used in Vietnam. I also have two unfired Norinco 1911 45's that are exact copies. I understand the 45's are well sought after for race guns as they are made from the finest steel and hold up better than ours for much less money.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
American companies made a big mistake hiring Chinese to work in our Tech companies. Too dang many spies. Ever notice how China's fighter jets look almost exactly like our own? China copies weapons that we make. I have an old Norinco shotgun that is a exact copy of a Ithaca Model 37 12 gauge shotgun that I used in Vietnam. I also have two unfired Norinco 1911 45's that are exact copies. I understand the 45's are well sought after for race guns as they are made from the finest steel and hold up better than ours for much less money.
The Chinese will steal and reproduce anything that’s not nailed down if there is money to be made. The kings of piracy. Remember China shutting down their consulate in Texas when Trump was in office? One of their central hubs of espionage. Trump wasn’t playing. Now we have Beijing Biden that will kiss their butts

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Big businesses we’re the sell outs…. Profits $$$$$$$ that’s all they care about, not values. They sell their technology to the enemy without caring about their country IMO.☹️

golddigger14s

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What does a Walmart chicken taste like? We only buy them at Costco. Very good plus one can watch it getting cooked on the rotisserie just so you know it was not cooked in a crematorium like Walmart's. LOL!
Walmart/COSTCO/SAM's all the same. Maybe not as good as home cooked but better than Popeyes or any other fast food place and less than half the price.

ttown

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I actually liked Popeyes of the past…. If a franchise isn’t living up to standards the company needs to retrain the site or their franchise terminated IMO

Look at KFC they just suck anymore, once a great company. Churches the same, good and cheap and now as high as anyone and suck. JMO

Last edited:

dan45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If not home cooked, our chicken only comes from Charlie's.
The Sand Springs store is as clean as any restaurant I've seen, and the kids working there all act like they're glad to have their jobs.

Haven't been disappointed yet, so I probably just jinxed myself....

Latest posts

Top Bottom