My Popeyes 8 piece jumbo shrimp combo UPDATED with Popeye's reply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And you're supposed to tip at that rate of pay? That's a livable wage.
We tip heavily where the staff works at less than minimum wage and basically lives off their tips, but $25 per hour for servers equals no tip in my book unless it's done exceptionally well.
I’m not sure but I think wait staff still make a measly 2 something an hour. It’s a shame that hasn’t moved up like everything else. They need to change the wage laws that if minimum wage goes up so does wait staff wage.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank NAFTA for decimated our manufacturing industry. Kind of hard to buy American when it doesn’t exist anymore for the most part. Something like 50% of clothes were still made in America in the 90s. Now it’s something like 3%. Politicians really screwed the pooch on that. They should keep the damn noses out of it. And to think people trust politicians making good decisions with healthcare. Real affordable there. It worked out just fine.

I’d like to buy just American but it’s kind of hard to find nowadays. Everything’s moved overseas not because of greed, but in order to compete and stay open they have to. And purchasers have finite amounts of money, I wouldn’t really call that being greedy. They’re just trying to make it go as far as possible.
Dude, you're talking to a corporate whore. I know how it works, and American companies are producing products overseas with cheap labor, then bringing it back in, or taking a circuitous route to reach the customer, avoiding taxes, high labor, environmental concerns.

I currently have to go through a Mexican branch daily, to conduct business here in Tulsa. You reckon they route us through Mexico because of the higher standards and precision? It makes us less efficient, but the lower cost is apparently worth it.

It's a racket, and I've watched in unfold for the last thirty or so years. Company owners with any kind of loyalty to America or their employees are extremely rare. Buchanan coined a phrase years ago - "economic patriotism". He lamented it was going away. Well, now it's gone.

I hate the lousy service, I absolutely hate crappy food. But you do get what you pay for.

Some companies used to be proud of their name and reputation , that has gone as well.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dude, you're talking to a corporate whore. I know how it works, and American companies are producing products overseas with cheap labor, then bringing it back in, or taking a circuitous route to reach the customer, avoiding taxes, high labor, environmental concerns.

I currently have to go through a Mexican branch daily, to conduct business here in Tulsa. You reckon they route us through Mexico because of the higher standards and precision? It makes us less efficient, but the lower cost is apparently worth it.

It's a racket, and I've watched in unfold for the last thirty or so years. Company owners with any kind of loyalty to America or their employees are extremely rare. Buchanan coined a phrase years ago - "economic patriotism". He lamented it was going away. Well, now it's gone.

I hate the lousy service, I absolutely hate crappy food. But you do get what you pay for.

Some companies used to be proud of their name and reputation , that has gone as well.
Pride only gets you so far. Good you know how it works. Regan made it fair in his day with tariffs. And so did old Orange man. The best president we ever had. Without tariffs there is no way American companies can compete as you well know with any of the foreign labor or cheap shite. The pride you talking about I have also. I do my best to buy American if at all possible. Unfortunately it does boil down to price seeing as there isn’t much American left.

Last edited:

wawazat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah but there's nothing like the food oasis of a Waffle House in Du-Rant OK returing from a Houston run at 2AM; that T-bone and eggs is just what a weary traveller wants.
In my 20s, we did lots of trips with friends that would buy a car out of state, fly out there and drive it back. Taking a friend meant no hotel or stops to get back home. Stopping at Waffle House was one of my favorite parts of that trip and mandatory to get me to go.

THAT Gurl

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah but there's nothing like the food oasis of a Waffle House in Du-Rant OK returing from a Houston run at 2AM; that T-bone and eggs is just what a weary traveller wants.

Oh man ... I've never eaten at the Waffle House there but Duuu-RANT and 2 am (Grayson County Electric Company's shutting down time) brings back a LOT of memories!! 😁

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats Dead Rat OK it use to be painted on the runways at the airport lol

Deleted member 47532

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The only place I have ever been where the food looked like the pictures was back in Japan in the 90s. The McDonalds burgers and food looked exactly like the pictures. The employees other than being Japanese looked like they were out a 1950s Norman Rockwell picture. Clean, tidy, tight giglines and the paper triangle ice cream man’s hat on. The places were spotless. Difference in work pride and ethic for sure.
You hit the nail on the head with that statement! Pride in your work went south or right whatever you want to call it. Most people anymore just want the pay, good luck, and happy trails.

Deleted member 47532

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well how about this folks, I got a reply and an offer of redeemable points from Popeye's.

Jessica (Popeyes)

Aug 24, 2022, 9:12 PM EDT

Hi Snattlerake,

Thank you for reaching out to Popeyes digital support! We apologize for the issues that you encountered at our restaurant. We do not take these cases lightly at Popeyes and can assure you that this has been raised to the appropriate Franchisee, Operations, and Management teams to take the necessary actions to ensure this is remediated.

Here at digital support, we are unable to provide you with a refund for the order since it was placed through the restaurant’s payment system. However, from our end as a gesture of good will, we would like to offer 1500 Popeyes Rewards points to your digital account.

All we will need you to do is sign up for a digital account through our app or website. Once you create the account, we will be able to issue you the points for you to redeem through a mobile order at any of our locations.

If you would like to move forward with the refund request from the restaurant, we can submit that request for you. However, please note that our restaurants are franchisee owned and they hold the right to conduct their investigation and approve or deny refunds at their discretion based on their findings. Also please consider that refund requests sent to the restaurant for review could take anywhere between 7 to 10 business days for resolution.

Once again, we apologize for the poor experience, and we would love to hear back from you soon to provide you with a proper resolution for this incident. In the meantime, we will start working with the restaurant management team for them to investigate the events you described in your e-mail and address them immediately.
Thanks,
Jessica

This is much much more than I ever got from Lowes or any other complaint form I have filled out.

We will see.
If it is that bad, why would you want more?

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh man ... I've never eaten at the Waffle House there but Duuu-RANT and 2 am (Grayson County Electric Company's shutting down time) brings back a LOT of memories!! 😁

Buddies and I used to hit The Electric Company!! Wow, that has been awhile back!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom