My Popeyes 8 piece jumbo shrimp combo UPDATED with Popeye's reply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have never tried Popeyes ... 🤷
We tried Popeyes pre Covid. All coatings and no shrimp. If I wanted bread I can always buy a loaf. Wife buys fresh shrimp boils water and within five/ten minutes on the table. Sure beats takeout garbage and get all shrimp for a lot less $$$$$$.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Businesses, that are successful, do not have apathy toward good employees. Keeping the good employees is one of the key objectives of a successful business, regardless of the type of business. It may well be that some of those employees that feel unappreciated do not fall into that category of “good employees”.
I think politicians and the media like to steer people into this black and white way of thinking like ”all business owners are so burdened with providing employment for these ungrateful workers” or “all workers can’t advance at their job because of these greedy business owners who don’t want to pay them anything.” Obviously, each situation is unique and there is some truth to both arguments. I wasn’t trying to politicize my argument with the fact that many of these companies are cutting costs on things that are considered just basic overhead, and things they knew that were operating costs before they even made their investment. Now they have people in call centers taking drive- thru orders. Outsourcing is the worst thing they do. Like the production of American products being outsourced to China. Or trying to get in touch with customer service for an American company and getting redirected to some call center in India. I’m sorry, but if your company is based out of the US, you should only be employing American workers.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Businesses, that are successful, do not have apathy toward good employees. Keeping the good employees is one of the key objectives of a successful business, regardless of the type of business. It may well be that some of those employees that feel unappreciated do not fall into that category of “good employees”.
The one that waited on me was nice and polite but I could tell you had to drive a stake in the ground next to him to see if he moved.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think politicians and the media like to steer people into this black and white way of thinking like ”all business owners are so burdened with providing employment for these ungrateful workers” or “all workers can’t advance at their job because of these greedy business owners who don’t want to pay them anything.” Obviously, each situation is unique and there is some truth to both arguments. I wasn’t trying to politicize my argument with the fact that many of these companies are cutting costs on things that are considered just basic overhead, and things they knew that were operating costs before they even made their investment. Now they have people in call centers taking drive- thru orders. Outsourcing is the worst thing they do. Like the production of American products being outsourced to China. Or trying to get in touch with customer service for an American company and getting redirected to some call center in India. I’m sorry, but if your company is based out of the US, you should only be employing American workers.
Afuggingmen!

Male tech support voice, "Hello, my name is Sue, How may I help me?"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I can't wait to see what the prices are going to be at Buffalo WW's in Lawton. They are hiring at $25 per hour.
And you're supposed to tip at that rate of pay? That's a livable wage.
We tip heavily where the staff works at less than minimum wage and basically lives off their tips, but $25 per hour for servers equals no tip in my book unless it's done exceptionally well.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We tried Popeyes pre Covid. All coatings and no shrimp. If I wanted bread I can always buy a loaf. Wife buys fresh shrimp boils water and within five/ten minutes on the table. Sure beats takeout garbage and get all shrimp for a lot less $$$$$$.
Thats why we never do fast food. I can buy a ribeye for the price of a who-knows-what meat burger at a fast food joint and cook it at home.
The golden arches has pretty good coffee and that's it but I've given up caffeine so that's out too.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy from wherever you choose. Cheap, greedy Americans let their dollar dictate to them, and now Wal-Mart, big box stores are king. Mom and pop stores have become rarer and rarer, American-made goods are nearly nonexistent in most big retail places. Same mentality has driven for cheaper goods, cheaper foods, zero customer service, poverty-level wages.

If it seems to be working for you, good. It's really not sustainable though. I know the knee-jerk reaction is "those aren't supposed to be living wage jobs" - and that's good because they damn sure aren't. Maybe get a better job in a manufacturing facility? OK - the ones left in America are trying to compete with China, so wages aren't all that either.

Our appetite for cheap goods and cheap labor is starting to nibble on our butt. Just part of our downward spiral.

Thank NAFTA for decimated our manufacturing industry. Kind of hard to buy American when it doesn’t exist anymore for the most part. Something like 50% of clothes were still made in America in the 90s. Now it’s something like 3%. Politicians really screwed the pooch on that. They should keep the damn noses out of it. And to think people trust politicians making good decisions with healthcare. Real affordable there. It worked out just fine.

I’d like to buy just American but it’s kind of hard to find nowadays. Everything’s moved overseas not because of greed, but in order to compete and stay open they have to. And purchasers have finite amounts of money, I wouldn’t really call that being greedy. They’re just trying to make it go as far as possible.

Chief Sapulpa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Where they bust the sod in South Tulsa County.
Thats why we never do fast food. I can buy a ribeye for the price of a who-knows-what meat burger at a fast food joint and cook it at home.
The golden arches has pretty good coffee and that's it but I've given up caffeine so that's out too.
Yeah but there's nothing like the food oasis of a Waffle House in Du-Rant OK returing from a Houston run at 2AM; that T-bone and eggs is just what a weary traveller wants.

Latest posts

Top Bottom