My Popeyes 8 piece jumbo shrimp combo UPDATED with Popeye's reply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Pride only gets you so far. Good you know how it works. Regan made it fair in his day with tariffs. And so did old Orange man. The best president we ever had. Without tariffs there is no way American companies can compete as you well know with any of the foreign labor or cheap shite. The pride you talking about I have also. I do my best to buy American if at all possible. Unfortunately it does boil down to price seeing as there isn’t much American left.
Those tariffs didn’t really change very much. Most of the stuff people buy from American companies are made in China then marked up when they get shipped back to hit the market here. So you have the option of buying imported Chinese stuff or Chinese stuff from an American company. It’s not that they have to outsource jobs to compete, their CEOs and top execs just don’t want to take a cut in pay. They’re spending enough money already sending lobbyists up to capitol hill to bribe politicians

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those tariffs didn’t really change very much. Most of the stuff people buy from American companies are made in China then marked up when they get shipped back to hit the market here. So you have the option of buying imported Chinese stuff or Chinese stuff from an American company. It’s not that they have to outsource jobs to compete, their CEOs and top execs just don’t want to take a cut in pay. They’re spending enough money already sending lobbyists up to capitol hill to bribe politicians

Your not getting the point of tariffs. The reason you have Everything made out of country and our industries decimated is pretty much because of NAFTA and inflation. Just those two things. There is no way to dispute this. Hence the reason to have tariffs to protect American jobs.

American companies have been taking a loss from NAFTA every year it existed except the first year of its inception. Trump tried to change this to an extent with USMCA but he is gone and Democrats poison everything they touch.

Due to the lack of tariffs to level the playing field any American manufacturing company can not exist for any period of time before a foreign company out of China comes out and under cuts it massively. If a company can not level the playing field to compete with that they are gone. Period. Blaming that on CEO’s is not reality. Tariffs are needed to help protect American jobs or the American products will leave or get shut down. No two ways of it.

Blame the dead old beast NAFTA. Nobody had to lobby for that disaster during its decades of American decline. And then China got its fingers into intercontinental trade and poof. Hopefully the Democrats don’t bastardize USMCA and level what’s left

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Your not getting the point of tariffs. The reason you have Everything made out of country and our industries decimated is pretty much because of NAFTA and inflation. Just those two things. There is no way to dispute this. Hence the reason to have tariffs to protect American jobs.

American companies have been taking a loss from NAFTA every year it existed except the first year of its inception. Trump tried to change this to an extent with USMCA but he is gone and Democrats poison everything they touch.

Due to the lack of tariffs to level the playing field any American manufacturing company can not exist for any period of time before a foreign company out of China comes out and under cuts it massively. If a company can not level the playing field to compete with that they are gone. Period. Blaming that on CEO’s is not reality. Tariffs are needed to help protect American jobs or the American products will leave or get shut down. No two ways of it.

Blame the dead old beast NAFTA. Nobody had to lobby for that disaster during its decades of American decline. And then China got its fingers into intercontinental trade and poof. Hopefully the Democrats don’t bastardize USMCA and level what’s left
No, I get the point of tariffs. They like to say that taxing imports will protect American jobs. What they also do is provide protection for certain companies and allow them to corner the market in certain industries, as well as drive up prices for consumers so the working class ends up having to float the bill for this one too. The need for more tariffs is also indicative of a nation as a whole getting poorer as high tariffs are usually a common trait of third world countries who can’t sustain themselves by taxing income alone.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NAFTA was a major disaster, thank you Slick Willie.

CEOs and bloated salaries ARE part of the problem.

Goobermint, EPA, regulation, general stupidity play a part.

The system is broke, a few more months and the NWO puppeteers will have imploded the entire economy and the slaves will be wondering what happened.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No, I get the point of tariffs. They like to say that taxing imports will protect American jobs. What they also do is provide protection for certain companies and allow them to corner the market in certain industries, as well as drive up prices for consumers so the working class ends up having to float the bill for this one too. The need for more tariffs is also indicative of a nation as a whole getting poorer as high tariffs are usually a common trait of third world countries who can’t sustain themselves by taxing income alone.
I’d hardly call Canada Germany Russia Japan China third world countries. The vast majority of countries use tariffs to protect their industries.

Other than farm and livestock we don’t have much to protect anymore here anyways. Everything‘s already been shipped out due to it not being an even playing field.

Medicines, electronics, metals, clothes, automotive to a point. Pretty much gone. Thanks NAFTA not protecting American interests.

Tariffs do work. Makes the cheep shite not cheep and on par with American prices protecting American jobs. To little to late.

Buy decimating American industries instead of protecting them you can guarantee China can drive up the prices to whatever they want seeing as we no longer have the ability to make most or enough of the products anymore.

Our country may very well end up a 3rd world crap hole. But it isn’t yet. Tariffs have been used all throughout its history for its prosperity. Before the early 1900 we were not raped of our wages, was no income tax. And even earlier than that there was no tax on land. Had to be a land owner in order to vote so you couldn’t tax that.

Taxing income is theft and scumbag Democrats love it. I don’t mind paying tax on products. Taxing income and property is down right evil and the modern day chain and ball of slavery. No one owns anything and is just a renter. They tax us to to influence and by votes.

Just like Beijing Biden and his student debt cancellation BS. Make the working man assume the debt of the Rich man.

Last edited:

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If hardly call Canada Germany Russia Japan China third world countries. The vast majority of countries use tariffs to protect their industries.

Other than farm and livestock we don’t have much to protect anymore here anyways. Everything‘s already been shipped out due to it not being an even playing field.

Medicines, electronics, metals, clothes, automotive to a point. Pretty much gone. Thanks NAFTA not protecting American interests.

Tariffs do work. Makes the cheep shite not cheep and on par with American prices protecting American jobs. To little to late.

Buy decimating American industries instead of protecting them you can guarantee China can drive up the prices to whatever they want seeing as we no longer have the ability to make most or enough of the products anymore.

Our country may very well end up a 3rd world crap hole. But it isn’t yet. Tariffs have been used all throughout its history for its prosperity. Before the early 1900 we were not raped of our wages, was no income tax. And even earlier than that there was no tax on land. Had to be a land owner in order to vote so you couldn’t tax that.

Taxing income is theft and scumbag Democrats love it. I don’t mind paying tax on products. Taxing income and property is down right evil and the modern day chain and ball of slavery. No one owns anything and is just a renter. They tax us to to influence and by votes.

Just like Beijing Biden and his student debt cancellation BS. Make the working man assume the debt of the Rich man.
Ok just to clarify, I understand that every country in the world imposes tariffs of some kind, I’m not arguing that, nor was I inferring that any country with tariffs in place is third world. I said that higher tariffs are usually indicative of a country getting poorer because third world countries have the highest tariffs in place. I’m not so sure that you really understand what a third world country is. It just means that a country’s wealth distribution has become lopsided to the point where at least 2/3 of its population live in poverty. So yeah, I’d probably leave Russia and China up on that list.

I don’t align myself with either political party. Both parties are in bed with the same corporations who give them both generous “campaign contributions“ I.e. legalized bribery. Both parties are corrupt and both are only interested in keeping the working class in this country down economically. We elect these politicians to represent us but since lobbyists are allowed to roam the capitol steps and offer these bribes to our lawmakers, they are no longer representing the very people who elected them. The policies they put in place don’t have any concern for the taxpayers/working class, but they sure love to make us pay for them. This whole left vs. right crap that the media loves to hype up is really just a means to distract us while they both rob us blind. A divided country is less likely to stand up to an oppressive government. They know this, that’s why they want to keep us fighting with each other. The middle class that made up the majority of the country after WWII has all but eroded away. We as the working class need to take it back.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok just to clarify, I understand that every country in the world imposes tariffs of some kind, I’m not arguing that, nor was I inferring that any country with tariffs in place is third world. I said that higher tariffs are usually indicative of a country getting poorer because third world countries have the highest tariffs in place. I’m not so sure that you really understand what a third world country is. It just means that a country’s wealth distribution has become lopsided to the point where at least 2/3 of its population live in poverty. So yeah, I’d probably leave Russia and China up on that list.

I don’t align myself with either political party. Both parties are in bed with the same corporations who give them both generous “campaign contributions“ I.e. legalized bribery. Both parties are corrupt and both are only interested in keeping the working class in this country down economically. We elect these politicians to represent us but since lobbyists are allowed to roam the capitol steps and offer these bribes to our lawmakers, they are no longer representing the very people who elected them. The policies they put in place don’t have any concern for the taxpayers/working class, but they sure love to make us pay for them. This whole left vs. right crap that the media loves to hype up is really just a means to distract us while they both rob us blind. A divided country is less likely to stand up to an oppressive government. They know this, that’s why they want to keep us fighting with each other. The middle class that made up the majority of the country after WWII has all but eroded away. We as the working class need to take it back.
Agreed! If there was a Constitutional Party, that is what I would join. Frack the repellicans and the demonrats!

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Only a Revolution can can bring back our Republic!

Latest posts

Top Bottom