My Popeyes 8 piece jumbo shrimp combo UPDATED with Popeye's reply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Buy from wherever you choose. Cheap, greedy Americans let their dollar dictate to them, and now Wal-Mart, big box stores are king. Mom and pop stores have become rarer and rarer, American-made goods are nearly nonexistent in most big retail places. Same mentality has driven for cheaper goods, cheaper foods, zero customer service, poverty-level wages.

If it seems to be working for you, good. It's really not sustainable though. I know the knee-jerk reaction is "those aren't supposed to be living wage jobs" - and that's good because they damn sure aren't. Maybe get a better job in a manufacturing facility? OK - the ones left in America are trying to compete with China, so wages aren't all that either.

Our appetite for cheap goods and cheap labor is starting to nibble on our butt. Just part of our downward spiral.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The corporate jets are the companies SELLING the franchise, dictating the quality of food and prices.

The franchisee gets stuck with overhead, forced supply chain and dealing with employees.

Mom and Pop have to find reliable, quality supply chain, advertising, lack of name recognition.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well how about this folks, I got a reply and an offer of redeemable points from Popeye's.

Jessica (Popeyes)

Aug 24, 2022, 9:12 PM EDT

Hi Snattlerake,

Thank you for reaching out to Popeyes digital support! We apologize for the issues that you encountered at our restaurant. We do not take these cases lightly at Popeyes and can assure you that this has been raised to the appropriate Franchisee, Operations, and Management teams to take the necessary actions to ensure this is remediated.

Here at digital support, we are unable to provide you with a refund for the order since it was placed through the restaurant’s payment system. However, from our end as a gesture of good will, we would like to offer 1500 Popeyes Rewards points to your digital account.

All we will need you to do is sign up for a digital account through our app or website. Once you create the account, we will be able to issue you the points for you to redeem through a mobile order at any of our locations.

If you would like to move forward with the refund request from the restaurant, we can submit that request for you. However, please note that our restaurants are franchisee owned and they hold the right to conduct their investigation and approve or deny refunds at their discretion based on their findings. Also please consider that refund requests sent to the restaurant for review could take anywhere between 7 to 10 business days for resolution.

Once again, we apologize for the poor experience, and we would love to hear back from you soon to provide you with a proper resolution for this incident. In the meantime, we will start working with the restaurant management team for them to investigate the events you described in your e-mail and address them immediately.
Thanks,
Jessica

This is much much more than I ever got from Lowes or any other complaint form I have filled out.

We will see.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve seen the two examples that you mentioned. Kind of different financial plans though.

Like our fearless leader Bumbling Beijing Biden would say, come on man

One, a franchise that is usually bought buy an aspiring entrepreneur putting up some collateral and taking out a loan for a business hiring outsiders as in young adults that have little experience working.
The franchises have contracts and obligations to fill with the parent organization. Sure. Plus lots of overhead. The average guy that owns one or two fast food franchise’s, we could probably agree isn’t going to be flying on a private jet or making the big bucks. That describes the majority of franchises.

The other tends to be family run and owned. There’s a chance everybody’s living under the same roof and splitting the bills. Being family run there’s a good chance of a lot of the income is not being declared. Also probably not flying on that private jet.

I don’t think a lot of these entrepreneur franchises are big-time CEOs with private jets.

People can choose to work wherever they want. Some places do tips and some don’t. There’s a lot of crappy tippers out there. I had a family member that worked for a restaurant. That’s how the person helped pay for their way going through college. Said person was happy if they average 10% tips throughout the night. For every good tipper there’s a lot of crappy tippers if they even tip at all. Not to mention a lot of places that do take Tipps have to split with the bus people and the cooks. Then the tipps shrink even more.

So like I said, if a person stays in a fast food or dinning career field, for the most part they’ve made some bad life choices
So if you’re an employee there and you should know that you won’t go anywhere at the job, what incentive do you have to do your job well or provide good service?

Of all of the big chain fast food places, at least the ones in the OKC metro, I’d say about 1/2 are franchises, the rest are corporate owned. There aren’t too many fast-food places that are family owned, the ones that are family owned are usually the ones with better food and service. Most of the successful family-owned restaurants are successful because they do things the right way, they serve good food, and they treat their employees fairly. It’s always better to go by that business model than just cutting costs any way you can.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most franchise owners are your next-door neighbors. Not flying on private jets, probably not even driving new cars. Their costs continue to go up, same difficulties in hiring good employees as any other business, same supply chain issues, just mediocre revenues, but they are living the American dream. I try to buy from franchise stores and businesses instead of the corporate owned ones.
Most of the franchises now aren’t owned by just one party, there’s usually a group of investors that are chipping in on it and there are more than one location. A lot of them that I’ve seen have actually gone back and forth between being corporate owned and being a private franchise

1Mudman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I give up on Popeye's after two attempts to eat there after going to Acadamy Sports. Both times was the middle of the afternoon around 3:00 P.M. and I went inside and asked for a order of Catfish and was told they were out? Then I ordered the shrimp and again I was told they were out. I asked for a soft drink and was told they were out! This was a Black Lady with a Black crew and they were serving food and drinks at the drive thru. I really didnt realize but thought it to be funny they would be out of food in the early afternoon. Tried again a couple weeks later and got the same story. I guess I should have used my White privilege card? I have never been back to any Popeye's since.

Latest posts

Top Bottom