My Popeyes 8 piece jumbo shrimp combo UPDATED with Popeye's reply

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most of the franchises now aren’t owned by just one party, there’s usually a group of investors that are chipping in on it and there are more than one location. A lot of them that I’ve seen have actually gone back and forth between being corporate owned and being a private franchise
Well then, Let's burn them down. No group has the right to invest their money and attempt to make a return on that investment.

Seadog

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So if you’re an employee there and you should know that you won’t go anywhere at the job, what incentive do you have to do your job well or provide good service?

Of all of the big chain fast food places, at least the ones in the OKC metro, I’d say about 1/2 are franchises, the rest are corporate owned. There aren’t too many fast-food places that are family owned, the ones that are family owned are usually the ones with better food and service. Most of the successful family-owned restaurants are successful because they do things the right way, they serve good food, and they treat their employees fairly. It’s always better to go by that business model than just cutting costs any way you can.

What makes anybody do anything right? I suppose it comes down to people having work ethic and integrity. That comes down on how somebody raise their kids and their work ethic.

Nobody twisted anybody’s arm to apply for a job anywhere. Some people are entitled. Nobody is owed anything. If one wants to be a crappy worker there’s a good chance they’re going to learn they’re not employed long and perhaps their mentality will change.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well then, Let's burn them down. No group has the right to invest their money and attempt to make a return on that investment.
Not sure why you’d make the inference that I want to “burn them down.” I know why they’re making the investment. I’m just saying maybe if your company puts out a good product and pays their employees well enough to attract better workers who provide better service, you might actually get more paying customers who‘d want to eat there and come back regularly. Cutting costs isn’t the only way to turn a profit when running a business

Last edited:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
O, no, no…I apologize, that is not what I intended. I was meaning to say, that we (all of us) tend to be angry with businesses trying to stay in sync with this crazy economy. Somehow, in recent years we have created a culture that believes it isn’t necessary to work hard and improve your own situation. So employers are having a very hard time finding good employees, getting goods delivered, and trying to anticipate what will happen next month. The result of all this, is a society that has very little appreciation for business owners and the challenges they face, as they provide employment for so many.

CSeverns

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
O, no, no…I apologize, that is not what I intended. I was meaning to say, that we (all of us) tend to be angry with businesses trying to stay in sync with this crazy economy. Somehow, in recent years we have created a culture that believes it isn’t necessary to work hard and improve your own situation. So employers are having a very hard time finding good employees, getting goods delivered, and trying to anticipate what will happen next month. The result of all this, is a society that has very little appreciation for business owners and the challenges they face, as they provide employment for so many.
Ever since the COVID shut down, the quality and service at these places have really tanked. A few months ago, I stopped at Taco Bueno in Yukon at around 7:30pm at the drive-thru, and no one would even take my order or answer me at the drive-thru. There were customers eating inside, all the lights were on, they were clearly open. I even saw workers that were standing near the drive-thru window and I couldn’t even get a response from anyone. I had a long day at work that day and I was too tired to go in to complain, but I haven’t been back since then.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
". The result of all this, is a society that has very little appreciation for business owners and the challenges they face, as they provide employment for so many."

How much of this worker apathy has sprung from Clinton Era Dumbsizing and business apathy towards appreciating and rewarding good employees?

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Businesses, that are successful, do not have apathy toward good employees. Keeping the good employees is one of the key objectives of a successful business, regardless of the type of business. It may well be that some of those employees that feel unappreciated do not fall into that category of “good employees”.

Latest posts

Top Bottom