my quest for a 9mm

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Glock is hella behind on production, values have soared... Be patient, supply will catch up. We're all just dealing with a bubble, and it'll burst

I'd tend to agree with this. Glocks are my preference (other than a Colt or S&W wheelgun, that is) so I'd wait for glock. The others mentioned here are good pistols; I just prefer the glock.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Start digging holes in the ground and you'll find a Glock. They are everywhere.

It wasn't on your list but don't pass over the M&P 9. The FNX 9 wasnt on there either.

EDIT: See you bought the XD, that is a fine firearm and should serve you fine.

egriton

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own or have owned 3 of the guns mentioned:
the Cougar, CZ 75, Sig P226.

Personally, I like the CZ the most. Of course, how well it fits your hand is crucial. So, before deciding, go to a gun show or other venue where you can get a good sense of how each feels. As for the tigger, I think the Sig is the best out of the box, but the Cougar and CZ can be easily modified to bring them into the same ballpark. You can get a "D" spring for the Cougar and a #13 spring for the CZ. With those mods, I'd say that there isn't enough of a gap to justify the added cost for the Sig. Further, with the CZ mod, I think it ends up with the best trigger of the lot.

Check out recoil and other factors at Genitron.com.

Dinner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ran into a nib p99as at h&h last week. I said I would buy it if they had any spare mags to sell w/ it. Sales guy came back w SIX extra 16rd mags. Needless to say I bought it!

Latest posts

Top Bottom