My S&W Model 38 Bodyguard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just posting some photos of my new-to-me S&W Model 38 Bodyguard Airweight. It's a beauty. Can't wait to get some gun leather for it. Should make an excellent BUG.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This being my first wheelgun, can you guys recommend some good, mid-range ammo? It's not built for +P stuff, just the "mid-range" loads, according to the manual. Any good SD rounds you wheelgun aficionados would recommend?

JTA

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hornady makes a 110 grain critical defense load that is non+P. I like the flex tip design from Hornady that they employ on this load. Speer also makes a .38 special load especially for short barrels, but I have not used this nor could I find the exact specifications on it. Also, I would not overlook any of the standard pressure 158 grain loads available from just about any manufacturer.

kinggabby

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hornady makes a 110 grain critical defense load that is non+P. I like the flex tip design from Hornady that they employ on this load. Speer also makes a .38 special load especially for short barrels, but I have not used this nor could I find the exact specifications on it. Also, I would not overlook any of the standard pressure 158 grain loads available from just about any manufacturer.
Here is a link to the site for Speer Ammo short barrel loads. hope this helps. Nice gun BTW.

http://www.speer-ammo.com/products/short_brl.aspx

Latest posts

Top Bottom