My S&W Model 38 Bodyguard

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You sir have almost the exact same Jaybird that rides in my front pocket...

Every. Single. Day.

The only difference betwixt yours and mine is the pinned barrel. Mine is a no dash model as well. It a 1985/86 model where as yours is probably from the mid 70's judging by the Bangor-Punta box it came in.

I tote mine is a Galco "Pocket Protector" holster. They are about 25 bucks. You can buy more expensive ones, but why? The Galco holster is awesome. Don't buy their horsehide model pocket holster however. With it's stiff seam design on both ends, it tends to print in the pocket.

As always, YMMV.

I usually stoke mine with Federal 125gr Nyclads. If you wanna load it with +P stuff for carry, that'll be just fine...just don't shoot a steady diet of +P ammo through it. ;)

Treat 'er well and she'll return the favor. My model 38 Bodyguard is probably the only gun I have that I'll never get rid of. :hellno:

My dad's Smith & Wesson Victory model, my dept. issue 2nd gen Glock 22 and my Mossberg 500 are the three others.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice looking wheelgun!

Personally, I don't like anything less than 125 grains in weight because penetration is more important than velocity or expansion.

The nyclads previously mentioned or the standard pressure load from buffalo bore would be fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom