Need 9mm CCW opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robertson07

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The M&P 9mmc is the same size as most single stacks... I am a girl with little hands and it fits great. Also, it does not have much recoil compared to some others. You really should give it a try!

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For a single stack 9mm, you are pretty limited. I would look at the Kahrs. What is your budget? If you are having issues with the Keltec, you will probably have issues with the PM9 also, maybe even the CW9 too. My wife did not feel comfortable with either one, so we got her a K9. The extra weight of an steel frame helps to absorb the recoil. She loves it, and shoots 4" groups with it at 10 yards, so it is her carry gun.

My girlfriend tried the Kahr and didn't like the recoil of it compared to the subcompact xd9. I didn't mind the Kahr at all, but she walked out of H&H with the Springfield.

newmaxx11

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
m&p9c, the new taurus slim maybe, the ruger sr9c looks cool, I carry a CZ rami, little heavy but shoots good. glock 26. go to H&h and see how many different ones you could try. or maybe what chambers said.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
+1 for the training, but if you're set on getting a good single stack carry 9, look for a gently used S&W 3913. Often considered the best of the 3rd generation metal framed Smiths, they're thin, light and easy to shoot. They're no longer in production, but you can find used ones for sale. I picked this one up at OPS in Tulsa, then had Accurate Iron work a little magic on it. It's one of my favorite carry guns :)

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mainly looking for a heavier gun with a better trigger. Thanks for the "school" suggestions but I don't think it's a fix to my specific problem. Also, I'll be carrying IWB without tucking. I don't find the recoil to be the specific problem, I just threw that out there as a general reference, the problem is that I can't hold on to it through the cycle...see below.

The M&P 9mmc is the same size as most single stacks... I am a girl with little hands and it fits great. Also, it does not have much recoil compared to some others. You really should give it a try!

I should clarify, it's not that I have little hands, it's that I can't hold on to this little gun without my pinky, no matter how high I push up my grip, I can't get my pinky on the gun and have a bigger problem controlling and getting follow-up hits because of the lack of pinky grip, so my reference to "little girl hands" was intended to convey that I have a weak grip without using my pinky. Hopefully that isn't offensive to any of the women on the board, if so, my apologies. I can get away with it using my P3AT with all it's downfalls but not with the PF9.

I have never looked at the Kahr K9 series, the dimensions look about right and I really like the .9 inches thick. I've never really considered Kahr's because I don't see them (in a model that interests me) at the shops I frequent around here.

Lastly, I have considered the RAMI, but those are hard to find around here, the only CZ dealer that carries their handguns is Bass Pro (I think) and I'd like to get to handle one as opposed to ordering it and then being stuck with it.

GtG - That's a good suggestion - I've never heard or read anything about them. I'll look into that gun.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GLOCK 26 are ok (have a good history:saywhat:),CZ rami for the money are great (a little heavy:yikes2:),KAHR are good (some are too pricey:scratch:),walther PPS are good too (you will need to shop around for this one to get a good price),IM NOT A BIG FAN OF ANY OF THE ABOVE BUT I DONT KNOW NUTN, i would go on there web sites to compare them and finding them to hold will probably be your hardest thing to do...GOOD LUCK...

Reaction score
Look, the RAMI is a fat boy like a Glock or XD. That's not in the category you're looking for.

Let's see - Heavy, slim, good trigger...

I'll 3rd the 3913, but also add HK P7, and a 9mm 1911, either full-sized or a 4" slide, to keep it a bit larger/heavier. Star Firestar as well. Sig 225 as well (aka P6). Those are my favorite choices for you so far, but again, as mentioned, I cannot fully try to help you until you answer the question about which carry MODE you are going to use.

I would highly recommend the Kahr T9 or K9, except for the good trigger requirement. They are good *as pre-sprung triggers go*, but not *good* relative to SAOs, or DA/SAs.

Latest posts

Top Bottom