Need 9mm CCW opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
3913, the most underrated CCW single-stack 9MM pistol on the market. You'll be hard pressed to find a better one.
3913 with SIG P225
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_fdaaabf4.jpg

3913 with SW640 J-frame
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_S3000076.jpg

3913 with SIG P226
[Broken External Image]
[Broken External Image]
3913 naked
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_203_DSCN0281_1.jpg

3913 dressed
ai151.photobucket.com_albums_s127_ldp4570_GUNS_S3000029_4.jpg

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HK is nice, but mags are hell-expensive and the pistol is reaaaally hefty for EDC. The Sig 225s are nice and reasonable, but, again, mags are $$$, unless you're good with a Dremel and buy a stack of walther mags.

The 3913 is really a best buy, and a very good gun. I'd sell the PF-9, buy the 3913, and yes, go to a class.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Kimber in 9mm.

But why do you want to carry a 9mm when you have problems shooting it? I'm way more accurate with my .45 than I ever was with a 9. To me, the .45 gives a gentle nudge rearward out of my Kimber. Most 9mms I've shot had a lot more muzzle flip to them than I cared for.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
3913, the most underrated CCW single-stack 9MM pistol on the market. You'll be hard pressed to find a better one.
3913 with SIG P225...

ldp - Thank you for the comparison picks, that's still a pretty big difference between the Sig and Smithy not only in over all size but thickness.

HK is nice, but mags are hell-expensive and the pistol is reaaaally hefty for EDC. The Sig 225s are nice and reasonable, but, again, mags are $$$, unless you're good with a Dremel and buy a stack of walther mags.

The 3913 is really a best buy, and a very good gun. I'd sell the PF-9, buy the 3913, and yes, go to a class.

This is probably the advice I'm going with, the problem is going to be tracking one down.

Kimber in 9mm.

But why do you want to carry a 9mm when you have problems shooting it? I'm way more accurate with my .45 than I ever was with a 9. To me, the .45 gives a gentle nudge rearward out of my Kimber. Most 9mms I've shot had a lot more muzzle flip to them than I cared for.

Danny, I don't disagree with you, every 9mm I've shot has had more muzzle flip compared to the same size gun in .45. I've had a 1911 and XD45C, both I really liked, and the thickness of the 1911 was perfect for me and I have been able to make quicker follow up shots with smaller groups than I have thus far with any 9mm I've shot (although the PF9 is the only one I have owned and have shot more extensively). The problem is, for me, that 1) the thought of carrying a gun that I might have $2K or more tied up in is not something I can justify (of course people are going to say "how much is your life worth?" but I know that there are guns out there that can do just as good a job without so much cash outlay that I may potentially have to give away if ever in an altercation) 2) .45 ACP has only just become less difficult to find in my area and is still expensive compared to 9mm and I like to be able to shoot my carry gun a lot (if it weren't for shooting a lot and the money issue, I'd probably be carrying a PPK).

Obviously, I have a lot of issues I'm trying to balance out that some people might find ridiculous. I just have to find what works for me and buying and selling guns has become frustrating - which is the reason for my questions.

Latest posts

Top Bottom