Need 9mm CCW opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
pardon for taking this in a different direction...but, groups are for shooting ranges. The kt pf9 is not a range gun, wasn't ever meant to be. You are experiancing the light pistol in respectable cartridge of recoil. if you can hit a pie plate at 21 ft you are good to go. If you are in a gun fight and are getting good groups, you aren't getting shot at likely. Keep the kt for concealment, get a range gun for fun. I don't particularily like my Kt p3at either, but not many choices for ultra light deep dress clothes carry. I looked at a pf9 yesterday...If you got to get rid of the pf9, properly priced, it won't last in the classifieds.

Reaction score
I think all the best ones for your dilemma have been covered (slim, 9mm, heavy/not polymer, good trigger, for an IWB rig with covering garment):

-9mm 1911, such as the Springfield EMP or Para PDA, or even Star BM (a 1911 of sorts), but there are others too..

-S&W 3913 or S&W 908

-HK P7 (M8 or PSP)

-Star Firestar

-Sig P225 / P6 (good trigger after the first shot anyway)

-Sig P239

-Walther P5

The Kahrs are out due to trigger (and some also due to frame material).

So what's it gonna be, Edwards? The P7 is the ultimate of course. :) Come to think of it, the HK P9 is another choice, if'n ya have lots of moula! It's got a polymer-covered pressed steel frame.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If single stack is a priority, I would go with a Para Carry 9, Springfield EMP or Kahr CW9/PM9. I prefer the Para or the Springfield.

Latest posts

Top Bottom