Need 9mm CCW opinions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mr.357Sig

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh, hell. I forgot to mention the Sig P239. (Must be sleep deprivation or those mouthy teenagers at the table next to me talking WAY to loud).

The P239 is an AWESOME CCW. Period. I would pick it over the Para or SA EMP, for the plain fact I already own Sigs and find them to be EXTREMELY accurate, reliable and a breeze to field strip.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, after talking about how necessary it was that I had to have a single stack, I actually settled on an M&P 9c. I supposed I hadn't realized just how small some of these double stacker 9mm's were compared to the double stack .45's that I've been acquainted with in the past until I got to take them out with a good holster and give them a go. While I wouldn't say it has an awesome trigger, it's substantially better than the Kel-Tec (as it should be for nearly double the price), obviously the ergonomics help with my trigger control as well.

Since I started this thread I've called around a borrowed a few pistols from friends (they few I have anyway) and friends of friends. I was so impressed both with the small but manageable size and light recoil (I don't know how they managed this) of the M&P that I picked it over the others. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a hold of a 3913 and while I do appreciate the esteem it receives from you guys, I just wasn't going to buy something again that I hadn't tried out. I also shot a Sig 229 Elite Stainless that I really really liked, but it was just bigger than I was looking for. My only complaint about the little Smith is that the mags are the most difficult I've owned to get the last round in to.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed. It's what I carry. I would have recommended the M&Pc but I thought you were dead set on a single stack.

Now the fun begins.........a holster

Enjoy.

BC

So, after talking about how necessary it was that I had to have a single stack, I actually settled on an M&P 9c. I supposed I hadn't realized just how small some of these double stacker 9mm's were compared to the double stack .45's that I've been acquainted with in the past until I got to take them out with a good holster and give them a go. While I wouldn't say it has an awesome trigger, it's substantially better than the Kel-Tec (as it should be for nearly double the price), obviously the ergonomics help with my trigger control as well.

Since I started this thread I've called around a borrowed a few pistols from friends (they few I have anyway) and friends of friends. I was so impressed both with the small but manageable size and light recoil (I don't know how they managed this) of the M&P that I picked it over the others. Unfortunately, I couldn't get a hold of a 3913 and while I do appreciate the esteem it receives from you guys, I just wasn't going to buy something again that I hadn't tried out. I also shot a Sig 229 Elite Stainless that I really really liked, but it was just bigger than I was looking for. My only complaint about the little Smith is that the mags are the most difficult I've owned to get the last round in to.

guns are dumb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You won't be disappointed. It's what I carry. I would have recommended the M&Pc but I thought you were dead set on a single stack.

Now the fun begins.........a holster

Enjoy.

BC

I thought I was too, I was pretty caught off guard with the size of it vs. what the specs say, it's not much bigger than the Kel-Tec in all reality. Yes the holster thing is going to be an issue. I ordered a Blade-Tech Nano to get me by until I can get a leather holster, I just don't know where to start on that, but it has to be IWB.

What are you using?

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A Lobo Gunleather IWB
ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P3310004.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P6290018.jpg

I had the Nano and regret selling it

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_P2260013.jpg

ai373.photobucket.com_albums_oo177_BurkC_IMAGE_292.jpg

I thought I was too, I was pretty caught off guard with the size of it in reality vs. what the specs say, it's not much bigger than the Kel-Tec in all reality. Yes the holster thing is going to be an issue. I ordered a Blade-Tech Nano to get me by until I can get a leather holster, I just don't know where to start on that, but it has to be IWB.

What are you using?

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
3913, the most underrated CCW single-stack 9MM pistol on the market. You'll be hard pressed to find a better one.
3913 with SIG P225
is you pic a DA/SA ???? dont they make the 3913 in a double action only also????

Yes mine is DA/SA, and yes they do/did make an DAO, but I don't remember the model number of those.

Go_Ordnance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would highly recommend the Kahr T9 or K9, except for the good trigger requirement. They are good *as pre-sprung triggers go*, but not *good* relative to SAOs, or DA/SAs.

The Kahrs are out due to trigger.

I have to disagree here, since we're talking CCW and not competition. The long (but smooth) trigger pull takes some getting used to, but Kahr has a very good trigger.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Take a look at the Walther PPS. On the expensive side but there are 3 choices in mag lengths to dial in your grip length preference. Comes in both the 9mm and .40

Olympicarmsfan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry a Glock G19 for my CCW and I have been looking at the M&P hard here as of late for my CCW gun. I really like it and is close in the way it breaks down as the GLOCK.

How do you like your M&P? I hear there are a few different models out what one did you pick?

The only thing that worries me on the M&P is the back strap after time will it break down or will it with stand the abuse.

Latest posts

Top Bottom