Need a favor

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Does anyone around OKC/Edmond area have a camcorder that uses the miniDV tapes? Mine is MIA and I was wanting to transfer my old deployment videos to my computer. I'd only need it for a couple of days. I called most of the pawn shops around here and nobody has one. Oh, and I don't know if it makes a difference on data format or not but mine was a Sony.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Let me look, I think I have one and will post back later tonight. Taking the wife out to dinner for our 15th.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK we were given a camcorder by my father years ago and never used it, not sure if it is the same thing. It uses something called a VHS-C cassette adapter. If it is you are welcome to use it, but you have to show the wife how to use it in exchange. :D

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It might be easier just to take it to a video transfer store.
http://www.flickos.com/ (9036 South Sooner Road, Oklahoma City, OK)

I never used them, but they can probably do it for a lot less hassle - and it'd probably look better in the end.
Best of luck either way.

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok I'm going to try one more time. I still need to borrow one of these. It uses MiniDV cassettes.
www.brucesreeldeal.com_Images_miniDV_20with_20transparent_20back.gif

These are small, only like 2 1/2 inches or so long. I appreciate everyone who has tried to help so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom