need sugestions on a 22lr pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phadrian

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I cant recommend the Beretta 87 as it is only an 8 rd magazine. Since I do not live in the Peoples Republic of California, I want at least a 10 rd magazine, if not 12 rounds.

Also in terms of expensive 22lr guns, there is the Smith Wesson Model 41 $1000
Also if you want to spend more there are Pardini, Walther GSP, and Hammerli (not all of these hold 10 rds.)

Gun Dude

Marksman
Reaction score
I have an M&P 22 and it is an absolute workhorse. It eats whatever you feed it and it really accurate, not to mention fun to shoot since it's pretty much exactly like the full sized M&P pistols of larger calibers. An added plus for me is the fact that the bolt locks to the rear after the last shot. I don't know why that impresses me so much but it does.
I also have a Buckmark Camper that my wife shoots and it blows the M&P away in the accuracy department. It's a super sweet shooter and a really good price. It's comfortable to shoot and I think it looks pretty cool as well. I don't think you could go wrong with either of these.

dogbreath

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the years, I have owned and fired most every 22 pistol out there.
The absolute most dependable 22 pistol I have ever come across is the M&P 22. This gun fires and ejects every type of ammo I have put in it. I don't buy the fancy expensive ammo, just mostly the cheap bulk stuff.
You won't go wrong with the M&P.

Kid Glock

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd have to go with the buckmark. I bought each of my kids one a while back (can't remember exactly when but I paid $150 apiece NIB so its been a while) and they've performed flawless other than an occasional hiccup that was ammo, not the gun if kept halfazz clean.
These have the 5.5" slab-side barrel. Accurate, good sights, mag release where its sposed to be, etc.
IIRC, the only negative is it requires an allen wrench to disassemble for more thorough, easier cleaning but is a piece of cake to do.

dwkennedy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Over the years, I have owned and fired most every 22 pistol out there.
The absolute most dependable 22 pistol I have ever come across is the M&P 22. This gun fires and ejects every type of ammo I have put in it. I don't buy the fancy expensive ammo, just mostly the cheap bulk stuff.
You won't go wrong with the M&P.

I have both the Buckmark and the M&P. I like them both, but would have to give the M&P the nod, simply because the Buckmark slide is hard to pull back and the safety is also pretty stiff. No problem for me but my wife and kids (when they were younger) could not shoot it without assistance. The older magazines on the Buckmark also have to be poked home flush to the mag well.

The M&P slide and safety are easy to operate and it has really good mags, just like a "real" M&P. It's also easier to get M&P holsters.

Latest posts

Top Bottom