NEF Handi-Rifles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know a few of you guys are shooting these. I was thinking about picking one up in .308 or .30-06 and having it threaded for my suppressor. I've got a BAR in .30-06 and a lot of ammo/brass and dies. I think the NEF in -06 suppressed would be pretty cool especially cut down to about 18".

Are these things quality firearms? Should I save up a little more and go for a T/C Pro Hunter? All input is appreciated!! Thanks guys.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Excluding the shooter factor, 3" at 100 has got to be a chamber/barrel/crown problem. Not doubting you. That sucks if it is true. Glad I decided to ask before I tried to find one. Won't WWII bolt actions shoot in that range with iron sights?

Also, can you get to the trigger components readily? I could probably crack it open and polish some stuff.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Also, can you get to the trigger components readily? I could probably crack it open and polish some stuff.

I would have to ask my cousin. Hes the one who told me about his .243 (thats 3" scoped by the way).

He said he did some work to the trigger components and got it down to 1/2. So access should be there, but dont know how easy.

Two issues with this info:

1.) Its just what I have heard
2.) My cousin likes to talk to hear himself

I would definitely not make a decision based on JUST what I have heard. Know what I mean?

shortgrass

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I don't think you should expect a rifle of that design and in that price range to shoot much better than that. Single shot, break-open rifles aren't known for their 'tack driving' accuracy. A .30-06, in a 18" barrel, with that poorly designed stock, only if I can hold it's butt against a solid fence post or tree to shoot it, recoil would be terrible!

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have to ask my cousin. Hes the one who told me about his .243 (thats 3" scoped by the way).

He said he did some work to the trigger components and got it down to 1/2. So access should be there, but dont know how easy.

Two issues with this info:

1.) Its just what I have heard
2.) My cousin likes to talk to hear himself

I would definitely not make a decision based on JUST what I have heard. Know what I mean?

LOL, understood. :D

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think you should expect a rifle of that design and in that price range to shoot much better than that. Single shot, break-open rifles aren't known for their 'tack driving' accuracy. A .30-06, in a 18" barrel, with that poorly designed stock, only if I can hold it's butt against a solid fence post or tree to shoot it, recoil would be terrible!

It will be shot suppressed with a can that is supposed to be VERY effective at reducing recoil.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I would definitely go Encore not only for the higher quality but because you can find older barrels that would be perfect for redoing with a suppressor.

Since your sup is .30cal, you can pretty much run the gambit of .30 cal barrels (30-30, 7.62x39,.308, 30-06, 300WIN, etc) with it if you get a hankering for a change!

Latest posts

Top Bottom