Negligent discharge when loaded handgun is discovered in a carry-on

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a possibility that he honestly forgot the gun was in there, at least thats what I'm going to make myself believe. I can't figure out what he could have been attempting as he knew they would find the gun through an x-ray.

They always say the exact same two things. It's either "I didn't know it was in there" or "I forgot it was in there". Only once have I ever seen anything different. An 82 year old man in Dallas was quoted as saying "Hell I'm from Texas, I thought I could!". :)

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A few yrs ago Barry Switzer got caught at a DFW ckpt with a loaded pistol in his carryon.....sed he 4got it was there. He got a scolding but not much else. Just goes to show that **it happens!

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They always say the exact same two things. It's either "I didn't know it was in there" or "I forgot it was in there". Only once have I ever seen anything different. An 82 year old man in Dallas was quoted as saying "Hell I'm from Texas, I thought I could!". :)

For me it was "I thought it was in there but couldn't find it", regarding the loaded G26 mag that was hiding in one of the many pockets of my back pack. Lesson learned, nothing goes in there that TSA would object to now.

Roadkill Coyote

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know, I'm surprised some enterprising soul hasn't rented a kiosk in the public areas of a major airport, installed a small low quality x-ray machine and offered for profit "pre-screening". Throw down a five, run your bag through, and the color printer at the other end spits out a pic of the x-ray of your carry on for you to look at while your stuck in line. Some folks would do it for the novelty, a few might save themselves mucho trouble.

Did you see the usual holiday-travel-reminder article in the Oklahoman last month? This year the Shake Weight was singled out for specific mention. Just imagine someone jumping up in flight and trying to take over a plane with a Shake Weight. That pretty much summarizes our whole aviation security situation right there.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This kind of thing has happemed before... use a bag you use for something else and -oops! the gun gets to the airport.

I keep telling you guys that Cops are not gun guys. You ought to watch some of the younger city cops try to unload a 1911 some time....

What is particularly hard about the 1911???

PS I own a 1911.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is particularly hard about the 1911???

PS I own a 1911.
Nothing hard about it if you know what you are doing, That is what Jefpainthorse was talking about, The younger city boy cops are not very knowledgeable about firearms. I think it is because they all have the "Glock fever"

Latest posts

Top Bottom