Negligent discharge

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why was someone fingering a loaded gun at the gun show when they can't have a loaded gun in the show? Are they not checking? Did the guy lie and sneak it in? Was it being cleared at entry by a buffoon? or something more incompetent?
One of the ND's at the wannamaker was by the buffoon at the door checking the firearm several years ago. Tulsa PD if I remember right.

Last edited:

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just a few years back I had a table or three at one of the smaller gun shows in the Tulsa Expo Center. It was early Sunday AM, dealers only, no public yet. A dealer decided to check to see if guns on his table were loaded by pointing them at the floor and pulling the trigger. Yep, a 7.62 x 39 was in the chamber of one. BOOM! A noticeable chunk of concrete floor disturbed. Muzzle was pointed in a safe (mostly) direction so no one physically hurt. Very quickly TPD showed up, offending dealer and all his wares quickly sent out the nearest side door. Promoter was not happy nor were the rest of the table holders present.
Who in the FAWK pulls a trigger without checking a chamber? Fawking idiots.... :angry3:

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One of the ND's at the wannamaker was by the buffoon at the door checking the firearm several years ago. Tulsa PD if I remember right.
Was that the one with the .22 pistol, discharged while in the door checker's hands, incident was caught on security camera in the ceiling?
I think there was some question about the gun checker's certification status or something? :anyone:

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was there for that ND (and others over the years). We were in the island at 7A, not too far from the entrance. Even with a 22, there was the “moment of silence”.

Honey Badger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Was that the one with the .22 pistol, discharged while in the door checker's hands, incident was caught on security camera in the ceiling?
I think there was some question about the gun checker's certification status or something? :anyone:
I remember that. It was a “rent a badge” at the main entrance. Didn’t he actually point the gun at the other “loaded” weapon checker at the door? It seems like he injured someone.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I remember that. It was a “rent a badge” at the main entrance. Didn’t he actually point the gun at the other “loaded” weapon checker at the door? It seems like he injured someone.

He pointed it behind the row of checkers, and when it went off, the bullet ricocheted off the wall and hit a checker in the lower arm or elbow.

Latest posts

Top Bottom