Netflix and HuluPlus through the XBOX 360 online?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Howdy I was wondering if anyone here has made the jump completely away from normal TV and instead use the xbox 360 with netflix and huluplus? I'm seriously considering it. I'm tired of paying through the roof for my cable. Anyone have any thoughts on doing something like this?

Thanks

SABOT

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Interesting, my cable + internet is over $100 a month. Does doing this mean you give up local/network programing?
If there was a cheaper alternative I would definitely be interested. But, I've heard just recently, that there is talk of cable/isp companies putting a cap on data here in the next few years. Go over that cap, and you pay through the nose.

Sanjuro82

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, my cable + internet is over $100 a month. Does doing this mean you give up local/network programing?
If there was a cheaper alternative I would definitely be interested. But, I've heard just recently, that there is talk of cable/isp companies putting a cap on data here in the next few years. Go over that cap, and you pay through the nose.

Most local station can be picked up by antenna, some even in HD. As for the cap on data I don't see how that could happen, I'd drop that internet provider so quick if they did.

R. Johnson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What other options does Roku have over the Xbox. I know with the Xbox 360 online I have access to ESPN3, HuluPlus, and Netflix.
ESPN3 is nice on the 360, Roku can do UFC pay per view, and Crackle. It has an all guns channel, a slew of religious, music, news, and weather channels. There's a channel that's all old cartoons, and another one that's old movies and TV shows. A lot of them are free, some you have to pay for. They add new stuff all the time. I love it. The way my home is set up my TV isn't close enough to my router to run a networking cable to the TV so I have to use wireless, and the Roku streams over wireless much better than my 360 does.

HVYCHVY

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another thing with the Roku box, you can search for movies not in your que. I'm not sure if Xbox has the search feature, but Tivo netflix doesn't.

Latest posts

Top Bottom