Netflix donates 7 mil to Dems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it certainly has caused the 'do we want an old candidate' argument to take a 180° turn. I am also getting a chuckle out of the discussion of if Vance was the wrong choice and will get dumped now that Harris is rallying her base.
I think it has caused more than just an “old candidate” turn. I suspect some / many Dems had planned to stay home and not vote for a candidate with obvious dementia that borders on senility. They will now show up at the polls and vote for Kamala (or any other left wing alternative). Again, Republicans had better have a strong showing at the polls or we will have a bigger lunatic for a President.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think it has caused more than just an “old candidate” turn. I suspect some / many Dems had planned to stay home and not vote for a candidate with obvious dementia that borders on senility. They will now show up at the polls and vote for Kamala (or any other left wing alternative). Again, Republicans had better have a strong showing at the polls or we will have a bigger lunatic for a President.
It wont be Kamala, barry doesnt approve.
Plus she wasnt voted in, in the primary so Joe has no legal right to appoint her.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Plus she wasnt voted in, in the primary so Joe has no legal right to appoint her.
joe hasn't 'appointed' her, though, right? He endorsed her. It's up to the delegates to the democratic convention to nominate the candidate. If there is a challenge, it'd be about nominating someone who wasn't voted for in the primary (though there is also an argument that Harris was assumed to be on the ticket with biden). And don't most candidates the withdraw release their delegates to vote for another candidate at the convention, when the actual nomination occurs?

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
joe hasn't 'appointed' her, though, right? He endorsed her. It's up to the delegates to the democratic convention to nominate the candidate. If there is a challenge, it'd be about nominating someone who wasn't voted for in the primary (though there is also an argument that Harris was assumed to be on the ticket with biden). And don't most candidates the withdraw release their delegates to vote for another candidate at the convention, when the actual nomination occurs?
Im not sure, all this is so complicated to me. It's never happened before I dont think.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It doesn't matter if she was voted in in the primaries, it only matters what happens at the convention. And Brandon hasn't appointed her, he has just endorsed her. That carries some weight, but the convention is still all that actually matters.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Im not sure, all this is so complicated to me. It's never happened before I dont think.
It probably matters more what the DNC rules say, but that is probably procedural vs a matter of legality.

I do recall reading that Garfield went into a convention ready to give a speech to nominate another candidate and emerged as the candidate himself (after initially refusing).

So that is to say, it’s more about the convention than the primaries. Especially if everyone is in agreement about the eventual nominee.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, this has never happened before. The closest thing was when LBJ announced that he was not running for reelection, but that wasn't after he won the primaries.
And winning a primary doesn’t mean you’re the candidate in the ballot in that state come November. Candidates often release their delegates to vote for another person come the convention.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So that is to say, it’s more about the convention than the primaries. Especially if everyone is in agreement about the eventual nominee.
The Democrats created a system of superdelegates to make sure that the voters didn't saddle them with a complete nutcase after their near-miss with (IIRC) Bernie, so the party leadership can pretty much pick whomever they want, regardless of the primaries.

They'd have a hard time going against Kammie, not just because Brandon anointed her, but also because they've painted themselves into a checkbox corner. They'd be hard pressed to toss her and the checkboxes she represents without looking like hypocrites.

Latest posts

Top Bottom