Netflix donates 7 mil to Dems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IIRC, something like 60% of those donors were first time contributors.

Maybe. Or Maybe not.
About a year ago, Project Veritas uncovered that dark money was being donated using other people's names.

The donation was made using Grandma's name, but Grandma wasn't the one that wrote the check.

This allows big donors to funnel as much money as they want, in smaller amounts and in other people's name. To avoid campaign finance limits.

So, was 60% really first time donors? Or just ghost donations using "first time" used names?

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah, here’s your grass root democratic donors.

A massive scandal has emerged from the donations ActBlue received on the day Joe Biden dropped out; reports indicate that $20 million from Swiss billionaire Hansjörg Wyss was broken down into over 1.6 million donations across 400,000 donors

Hansjörg Wyss is looked at as George Soros' successor when it comes to pouring money into American politics

These donations are called smurfing, which happens when names of innocent small donors (usually elderly) are used to funnel money into political campaigns (typically Democratic). James O'Keefe and OMG Media have previously discovered millions in questionable donations on ActBlue

Think of ballot trafficking but with campaign donations.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, here’s your grass root democratic donors.

A massive scandal has emerged from the donations ActBlue received on the day Joe Biden dropped out; reports indicate that $20 million from Swiss billionaire Hansjörg Wyss was broken down into over 1.6 million donations across 400,000 donors

Hansjörg Wyss is looked at as George Soros' successor when it comes to pouring money into American politics

These donations are called smurfing, which happens when names of innocent small donors (usually elderly) are used to funnel money into political campaigns (typically Democratic). James O'Keefe and OMG Media have previously discovered millions in questionable donations on ActBlue

Think of ballot trafficking but with campaign donations.
Wait, so you’re saying what campaigns tell the media might not be totally truthful? Say it ain’t so!

Next you’ll tell us that Joe didn’t have Covid, trump wasn’t actually hit by a bullet and that Santa isn’t real.

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe. Or Maybe not.
About a year ago, Project Veritas uncovered that dark money was being donated using other people's names.

The donation was made using Grandma's name, but Grandma wasn't the one that wrote the check.

This allows big donors to funnel as much money as they want, in smaller amounts and in other people's name. To avoid campaign finance limits.

So, was 60% really first time donors? Or just ghost donations using "first time" used names?

So this only cuts one way, right? I mean there is zero chance that this happens whenever candidates need to show support, like after someone withdraws from an election or is indicted in court, right?

Either way, the comment I responded to talked about Hollywood withholding money. Doesn’t seem like that was strictly the case

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So this only cuts one way, right? ...

I never said that. That's completely your assertion.

I just cast skepticism on this "60% new donors" statement.
1) Could be a way to funnel dark money.
2) Media claims "60% new donors" to try to fool people into thinking there's momentum in the political movement.

Have you made your donation yet?
...Maybe you already have!
: )

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s another example of democratic ethics and lack there of.

Trump Files Complaint Over $91.5M Transferred to Harris​

The Trump campaign filed a complaint with the Federal Election Commission on Tuesday, accusing Vice President Kamala Harris and President Joe Biden of violating campaign finance laws over the Democrat presumptive nominee receiving $91.5 million of Biden's war chest, The New York Times reported.

Trump campaign general counsel David Warrington filed the complaint, accusing Harris of a "$91.5 million dollar heist," according to the Times.

At issue for Trump's presidential campaign is that the money raised by Biden and rolled over to Harris constitutes an "excessive contribution," the Times reported. Harris received access to the funds when Biden's team amended the name of its presidential campaign committee, "Biden for President," to "Harris for President." However, Warrington argued, Harris is not yet the official nominee.

"Kamala Harris is seeking to perpetrate a $91.5 million dollar heist of Joe Biden's leftover campaign cash — a brazen money grab that would constitute the single largest excessive contribution and biggest violation in the history of the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971, as amended," Warrington wrote in the complaint, according to the Times.

"To date, Biden for President has provided no indication that it will return or redesignate all of its general election contributions," Warrington added, according to the Times. "Thus, each and every general election contribution received by Biden for President is an excessive contribution."

Biden announced his exit from the presidential race Sunday afternoon. Though Harris has since received the requisite amount of pledged delegate support to become the Democratic nominee, it's not binding until they vote. That's expected to happen between Aug. 1-7, according to multiple reports, citing Democratic officials.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Wait, so you’re saying what campaigns tell the media might not be totally truthful? Say it ain’t so!

Next you’ll tell us that Joe didn’t have Covid, trump wasn’t actually hit by a bullet and that Santa isn’t real.
Love the condescending attitude. Wouldn’t expect anything different after reading almost 20 years of the liberal bs you’ve posted. It’s almost like you’re a college professor or married to one.

Edit:
Oh wait, you are married to one. This sounds like a great way to start a relationship. This puts everything you say in perspective.

I met my wife in a class in college. I was a senior and she was the professor.

Last edited:

donner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Love the condescending attitude. Wouldn’t expect anything different after reading almost 20 years of the liberal bs you’ve posted. It’s almost like you’re a college professor or married to one.

Edit:
Oh wait, you are married to one. This sounds like a great way to start a relationship. This puts everything you say in perspective.
lol.

I'm sorry i hurt your feeling. I was going more for sarcasm. I didn't realize being skeptical of what politicians tell us is now 'liberal bs'. I don't doubt what you posted about the fundraising workaround, i do doubt that it only happens on one side and not the other.

But i'm sure you didn't mean to be condescending about how my relationship with my wife started, right?

Being around college professors certainly has changed my views on some stuff, as has living in the deep south, having family members come out as gay and as has the tonal shift in this place in the past 20 years. Adopting a child with prenatal opioid exposure certainly gave me a far different perspective on our national crisis, as well.

I can't imagine living in a world where people ignore their own experiences and refuse to reevaluate their views.

I'm certainly more liberal than people here. And far less liberal than people around me. I am friends with people who have a very wide range of political views.

But you'll really get tingly when your research about me reveals i was also a journalism major. lol.

Latest posts

Top Bottom