Netflix problems.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone having issues with the video pausing but the audio continuing like nothing is wrong.

I'm 99% sure its not my network or internet speed. Everything is wired with cat5e and I regularly get 100+ MB down.

I'm playing Netflix on my Sony bluray player. It is a few years old.

Thanks.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was just watching Emergency! on NetFlix on my craptastic "6Mb" UVerse with no issues via my AppleTV. It's not exactly hi-def, but it was working fine. I may see if I can find something hi-def to watch to see if it has issues.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problems up here in Guthrie on Cox, Been streaming Eureka for the last couple hours.

Check the levels in your modem and I am going to make a guess they may be getting a little off. Temperature can affect cable system amps to a degree even though they are supposed to compensate and all the rain can mess up a line if it has a flaw.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cox is generally pretty good about it. They jumped on the deal to colocate a Netflix server on their network to offload a lot of the traffic to their outside lines.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No problems up here in Guthrie on Cox, Been streaming Eureka for the last couple hours.

Check the levels in your modem and I am going to make a guess they may be getting a little off. Temperature can affect cable system amps to a degree even though they are supposed to compensate and all the rain can mess up a line if it has a flaw.

What are you using to watch Netflix? I'm thinking it might be by blu ray player.

I don't think I have a speed issue. This speed check was while streaming Netflix in the other room.

www.speedtest.net_result_4871455688.png

I have that problem on my computer. I can watch video's but the audio is real choppy. Driver bad or something.

I've never had a problem on the computer, only on the blu ray player.

MarkV

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, mine does it too occasionally. I just go back and reload the video as well. I don't think it has ever done it twice in row after I reload.

When you say "reload" do you mean back out to the Netflix home screen and then back in to the movie?

Thanks everyone.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am actually using the built in application on the LG smart tv I have.

Pretty much anymore it's either that or a tablet when I stream stuff while in bed or want to watch something the wife hates.

If you're having a problem with the bluray player then it could be an issue with the software in the player or a design flaw of some sort, possibly the connection you are using for it (hopefully not a wifi adapter or built in wifi.) I have everything in the house minus the one chromecast the phones and tablets connected via cat5e. WiFi on most of the electronics in the home is extremely fickle with cruddy antenna's that are built to be omni directional so they catch all the interference of other AP's in the area. The more AP's nearby the worse the problem is if you can run a physical cable to the bluray player if you are using wifi I can bet the problem will go away.

Latest posts

Top Bottom