New APEX Trigger set up...ideas??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mad Professor

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So Apex came out with a flat faced trigger kit, has anybody used it? or what are yalls thoughts on it? I have 2 and want to try it but is it worth the $170?

https://store.apextactical.com/WebDirect/Products/Details/191836

Compared to what? :) a) the stock M&P trigger b) the M&P Pro Trigger c) the Apex Aluminum Forward Set Sear and Trigger (curved one)

I have all of the above but have not have enough rounds on the flat faced version you linked. I really like the curved version and have one in 4.25" pro and my Shield. I recently bought a 9L that has a flat face, but have only had time to put a few rounds through it. Not near enough to compare flat face vs curved.

Are they worth the price of admission? That depends on what you are willing to spend on a toy! Over the factory Shield trigger, absolutely. Over a $85 Shield carry kit, ask me again in a couple of weeks. I've got one I need to install. Over a Stock trigger in a non-Shield, depends on the individual gun. Again, I have a AEK to drop in one of my others so I'll know more when I decide which gun gets it and play with it.

The stock M&P triggers vary greatly on trigger pull. I have a NIB factory "plain" full size has a better trigger pull than my 4 year old Pro.
PM me sometime if you want to meet up at the range and put a few rounds through mine.

Also take a look at Amazon when/if you buy.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Compared to what? :) a) the stock M&P trigger b) the M&P Pro Trigger c) the Apex Aluminum Forward Set Sear and Trigger (curved one)

I have all of the above but have not have enough rounds on the flat faced version you linked. I really like the curved version and have one in 4.25" pro and my Shield. I recently bought a 9L that has a flat face, but have only had time to put a few rounds through it. Not near enough to compare flat face vs curved.

Are they worth the price of admission? That depends on what you are willing to spend on a toy! Over the factory Shield trigger, absolutely. Over a $85 Shield carry kit, ask me again in a couple of weeks. I've got one I need to install. Over a Stock trigger in a non-Shield, depends on the individual gun. Again, I have a AEK to drop in one of my others so I'll know more when I decide which gun gets it and play with it.

The stock M&P triggers vary greatly on trigger pull. I have a NIB factory "plain" full size has a better trigger pull than my 4 year old Pro.
PM me sometime if you want to meet up at the range and put a few rounds through mine.

Also take a look at Amazon when/if you buy.
I have a VTAC that Ol Yeller lighten up, but I run my Pro slide on it (looks pretty) and I heard the the Pro trigger is different but can't tell the difference, I can tell that the Pro feels sup squishy.
It's primary purpose is competition and carry
And I don't mind spending money if it's worth it.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How accurate is the weapon?
Do you shoot competition with it?
Will the trigger make it shoot smaller groups?
What is the goal of the swap?

If it will not improve accuracy I would not buy it.
Unless the factory trigger is a complete turd ,feeling like pulling a mack truck through a gravel parking lot.

My 30-06 trigger felt like that so i took it apart and modded it and stuck it back in.
I have shot .308's with fat flat triggers.. once you get used to something it really only matters to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom