New APEX Trigger set up...ideas??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How accurate is the weapon?
Do you shoot competition with it?
Will the trigger make it shoot smaller groups?
What is the goal of the swap?

If it will not improve accuracy I would not buy it.
Unless the factory trigger is a complete turd ,feeling like pulling a mack truck through a gravel parking lot.

My 30-06 trigger felt like that so i took it apart and modded it and stuck it back in.
I have shot .308's with fat flat triggers.. once you get used to something it really only matters to you.
7 yards it almost one holes, but that's off rest, I am low and left at the range but when I compete it's not as bad (no clue why)
It's primary role is competition/carry weapon
The new trigger reduces the weight and reduces travel to something like 2 millimeters

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I am low and left at the range but when I compete it's not as bad (no clue why)

Because when you're competing, you're not thinking about the recoil, you're just moving quickly to the target, getting your sights lined up and breaking the shot. When at the static range, you're thinking too much on when the shot will break and flinching as a result.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Because when you're competing, you're not thinking about the recoil, you're just moving quickly to the target, getting your sights lined up and breaking the shot. When at the static range, you're thinking too much on when the shot will break and flinching as a result.
I'm shooting under stress, but how can I recreate that? I saw one guy use fireworks that he set up to shoot at himself haha

Ignored Member

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I'm shooting under stress, but how can I recreate that? I saw one guy use fireworks that he set up to shoot at himself haha

you need to shift your focus away from the recoil and how you're going to manage it, to proper sight alignment, trigger press, an most importantly a proper thumbs forward grip.
It won't happen overnight, it takes lots of practice, but eventually you'll get an "ah ha" moment that will change how you shoot.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you need to shift your focus away from the recoil and how you're going to manage it, to proper sight alignment, trigger press, an most importantly a proper thumbs forward grip.
It won't happen overnight, it takes lots of practice, but eventually you'll get an "ah ha" moment that will change how you shoot.
Is that an invitation to shoot and learn? Haha
I was taught a new grip but I do need more trigger time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom