New Baby 1973 Colt Combat Commander

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmtgsx

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Nice pistol, Nate.

Definitely has lots of custom touches...sights, checkering on front strap and front of trigger guard, aftermarket beavertail and guide rod spring plug. Beautiful. No idea who did the work?

Buzz70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nice pistol, Nate.

Definitely has lots of custom touches...sights, checkering on front strap and front of trigger guard, aftermarket beavertail and guide rod spring plug. Beautiful. No idea who did the work?

Thanks Jim. Nope no idea, bought it that way. The guide rod is something I've never seen before. It if a full length guide that unscrews in the middle. You cannot break this 1911 down in what I would consider the traditional way by pushing the guide rod in and turning the barrel bushing. You have to remove the slide release and then pull the slide off. I suppose you could unscrew the guide rod and disassemble the traditional way? I'm going to try to figure out what kind of guide rod it is.

BrandonMF

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
haha. Hey, Buzz, I was carrying one at our transaction the other night, except yours is two years older. That is a damn gorgeous handgun, Sir, and honeybee does a fine job on them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom