New bolt action rifle

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bsmith918

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is threaded, but it doesn't have a mount installed. I have one and it is a great base gun. I replaced the trigger, installed it in a chassis system, had the bolt fluted and and larger bolt knob installed. Great suppressor hist!

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My #1 deer rifle is a Ruger 77 flatbolt .308 with a Leupold Vari-X II 3X-9X scope. Not what you're looking for, but my bad weather rifle might be more like it. It is a Ruger American Compact .308 with a Leupold Compact 2X-7X scope. Short, light, accurate, and the price is right. I bought mine @ Sooner State Pawn last fall. It has a short buttstock, but it works just fine for me and I am 6'4".

Cedar Creek

Old model Ruger 77 with tang safety in 7X57, and a Ruger #!RSI in 7X57. Light flat shooting, with mild recoil.

MCVetSteve

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
FN PBR would fit the bill and if you can budge on the bolt the FNAR is a fine rifle. I have both and like the FNAR better but both shoot great

With regards to the PBR, never heard of it, time for research. With regards to the FNAR, I already have an AR that's exactly what I want (almost) those things are never finished. So, thank you for the suggestions, but I will not be budging on the bolt gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom