New Compact Pickups: Which One?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I had a Tacoma work for work that had upwards of 200k on it and never missed a beat. Comfy, well laid out and was great for those days I'd have to drive here to Chicago and turn around 3 days later after driving all over Illinois. Also had a Tundra with 230k on it that was just as reliable although I didn't like the interior as much (was a single cab 2010). My current RAM is great but bigger than asked about. If I was to downgrade in size, I'm heading back to Tacoma land.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the new ones? Those look pretty nice!

Yeppers. Brand spankin' new 2020 Ford ranger XLT.

Hmmm... there might be a Marines/Army joke in there somewhere... :D

"I wanna be a Recon Ranger,
I wanna live a life of danger,
Recon! Recon!
Gimme some! Aww Gimme some!
Oohrah!"

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Without question, 100% I would own a Toyota Tacoma. I have owned 3 of them (and 5 4-runners), my sons still have Tacoma’s as well. Year after year they are the most reliable and have the best resale value. I have had 2 of those 4 runners drove over 200K miles one of them is still here. One of the Active Tacos is at 230K miles (one was wreareneed and sits at the farm) and the other active taco has 150k miles. I try to buy American but the Toyota’s have served me well for decades
Toyota's are built in the US now. 1995 was the last year of Japanese build.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Toyota's are built in the US now. 1995 was the last year of Japanese build.

I am well aware of where they are made my friend, they have been made in Texas for a while Tacoma’s and Tundra’s anyway. But Toyota was going to move some Tacoma production to Mexico last I heard. To be totally honest I preferred the 4Runner because they were built in Japan. I know , I know it’s unpopular opinion but I thing they do a better job of assembling the product there :).....but I think your point is that Toyota supports the US worker which is a very true statement. I think Toyota has the largest production in the U.S. but I am not sure I know Honda, Nissan, and Subaru all have significant production here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom