New development in Mustang at 59th & Morgan Road

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you live in Mustang in the area between 59th an Hwy 152 and Sara Rd and Morgan Rd you will most likely see some major disruption if the proposed development is approved. Just take a look at the mess at Sara and 59th now. Residents have lost their property so Sara Rd can be widened for access to the turnpike. The same will happen on Morgan Rd if this proposed development goes forth.

Little is being discussed about storm water drainage or the increase in traffic that this development will cause. If you live in this area and care about what happens then please show up at the Mustang planning board meeting on 14 June and voice your objections to this totally unnecessary use of open space.

See the plat plan Below.

Attachments

• A4313C2D-8C0E-4B55-9D55-23441829A0C7.jpeg
    A4313C2D-8C0E-4B55-9D55-23441829A0C7.jpeg
    81.3 KB

commandcomm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If I remember correctly this has already been denied by planning commission because the housing was too dense.

My guess the developer is trying again and hoping citizens don’t make the meeting or lose steam on the matter.

If you Facebook, this has been discussed in the Mustang Happenings page.

Last edited:

hammerdown51

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It was tabled to allow the city time to contact the oil and gas company to weigh in. The developer Came back with a revised plan that cut some of the housing types and amount and asked for variances to the property types. He is still trying despite objections. This guy says he knows best what the city needs and it’s one of his communitie.

You are correct he is hoping people will just give up and let him build. saw what is on the happenings page. The last meeting a lot said they show up and didn’t. MHO is this is too important to not get involved and show up. Hopefully this time the planning board will shut it down but I’m not so sure they will now that Jay Adams is involved. He was the main pusher to widen Sara Rd to 4 lanes.

Again I encourage everyone to keep up with the Mustang Happenings and get involved. Thanks

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I used to live in Westbury at SW 15th & Morgan so I fully understand the resistance by the Mustang community on how this will affect traffic, storm water, utilities, etc. The plat posted by the OP is pretty dense and needs adjustment to address these realities, IMO.

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Every day, to and from work, I drive through the area from Sara to Council and from 29th to 59th. Seems they are filling the whole area in with houses. Best as I can tell they are leaving no provisions for future road expansions. Power lines and fire hydrants are placed right along the ditches with fence lines right behind those. Maybe some narrow shoulders could be installed, but that's about it. The short sightedness that has made Mustang a congestion pain is being spread northward.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saddens me everytime we go home to visit family just how much the whole area has been built up. Can remember when Mustang road was a one lane dirt road from Reno to Mustang city limits, and most of the areas were farm lands.

People also gave a crap about one another.
I remember also. It also had that crazy S curve that claimed a few friends lives. Grew up there. Don’t recognize it hardly anymore. We were b!thching about change even back then but it is what it is.

Latest posts

Top Bottom