New duty rig and a question...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Soulman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
#1 is what I would go with. I have one that I use when I carry my S&W 19 out on the ranch. Bending, moving, whatever........they are always secure. Had a velcro type, but the velcro got easier and easier to come undo, so I switched to the snap kind.

#2 had one like this. I wanted it for CC since it was supposed to ride closer to the body. However, since you aren't a skinny guy (nor am I), you might have a difficult time trying to get the reloaders out and had a tendency for them to end up on the ground first.

#3 like Mike said is for competition or any type of carry where you don't expect to end up on the ground.

In conclusion, #1 all the way.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carried a 65 on duty for years before giving in to the Combat Tuperware. My daily rig was the "split six" style and I never had an issue. My daily carry these days is the Glock 21 but all of my go to/bailout guns that are here at the house are S&W 66's, 65's and one 19. Got to love the wheel gun!

Latest posts

Top Bottom