New Gen4 Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xSMOKExLESSxCRACKx

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Thats what I want outa them, something sinlge stack and "new" for the customers.

That WOULD be something interesting. Until then, just get a Kahr.

Found this on another site. Seems a little more detailed.

Well I got to handle and shoot the 4th generation Glock 22 prototype yesterday. The Glock rep said the one he had was a prototype but when it will be released at the end of February it would be the same gun.

I would have to consider it much improved. The new pistol has 2 interchangable backstraps. The frist grip requires no strap and is simply the slim line Glock frame. The second strap makes it the size of a standard Glock and the third a little larger.

The 4th generation also has improved texturing on the side grip panels and a much enlarged and reversible magazine release. I would bet it is 2.5 times larger and a rectangle shape. The gun will use old style mags but if the mag release is moved to the right side of the gun it requires the new mags that come with it to be used.

The pistol also has a new recoil spring that required a frame modification because of the greater diameter. The new spring appeared to me to be progressive and reduced felt recoil. When you pulled the slide back slowly by hand it started off difficult and then got to a point where it suddenly became easier. It looked more like the subcompact style spring. The rep said were also lasting a significantly longer period of time during testing 10,000 rounds plus and still going but they still recommended spring changes.

My overall impressions were good and he said they were also hoping that all Glocks would be manufactured in the USA by the release date also. He said they were manufacturing some of the frames already. He said if the frame does not say "made in Austria" on the side its manufactured here. He said it was going to give them more design freedom because they would not have to deal with import restrictions.

I got the impression that not all of the Glock models will immediately get the new changes and they will slowly be phased in.

flag2442

Latest posts

Top Bottom