New Gen4 Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Man that guy damn near ruined BMW!

Yep, you can call them Bangle butt Glocks for sure!

Sure did. Starting with the 7, and then the new 5, that looks like a Honda Accord with extra chrome. And then there's the new 6, which the first time I saw it I thought "Pontiac Grand Prix" Or the X3, ouch.

guns_not_groceries

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Glock is now the Wal-Mart of handguns. Sure everyone has to use them - but no one likes it anymore, so alternatives are being sought by many who have had to deal with their dark side.

I respectfully disagree. Saying "no one likes it" is a lofty statement considering the number of people who choose to own their products, myself included. Seems like they are attempting to meet demands of the consumer without giving up what made their guns desirable in the first place- simplicity, reliability, and durability. The bottom line is that Glock didn't need to make any changes to their design to continue selling guns, but they did anyway because that's what the consumer wanted....not very Wal-Martish IMHO.

On a side note, although all the backstraps shown still have that signature glock hump, one could modify them without permanently changing the frame, which is a plus. My guess, it won't take long for the aftermarket to make compatible straight backstraps.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Good pics of the recoil spring!! I wonder if you will be able to use it in the older slides and if not can you mod the slide to accept them??

Not likely - it looks like the hole in the beginning of the slide is quite a bit bigger similar to a sub like a 26/27/33/39 that has the dual spring. If they become really popular, I wonder if an aftermarket company will devise a dual spring upgrade for older models though...

Thanks,

Alan

urbanscout

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks interesting...
It's always easy to judge. However, I'm sure most can't know how the small changes will affect the gun until we try it out. I'll just wait and see before guessing.
However, I really enjoy my 17 and it would take some fairly large improvments to make me want to drop more money on the "same gun".

Latest posts

Top Bottom