New Gen4 Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benschne

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of comments regarding styling? Is this really at the top of most peoples' list when they go to buy a polymer frame handgun? I have an RTF 17 and will be the first one to say that it does offer a better grip when manipulating the slide. Of course, the frame is much stickier also! My sandpaper grips on my G23 loose their sticky feeling every 500 rounds, but not the RTF!

In conclusion, it seems that I won't be waiting in too long of a line when I go to get my 4th gen.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't hate Glocks. I use them a lot, but I think they could be better and I think Glock has done very little to improve their product. Simple things like quality sights to more serious issues like the G22s malfunctioning with lights have been brought up before, and Glock as a company has done little to nothing to address these types of issues (or at the very least been slow to respond to them).

I was hoping the Gen 4 would have some more substantial changes.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm seeing a lot of comments regarding styling? Is this really at the top of most peoples' list when they go to buy a polymer frame handgun? I have an RTF 17 and will be the first one to say that it does offer a better grip when manipulating the slide. Of course, the frame is much stickier also! My sandpaper grips on my G23 loose their sticky feeling every 500 rounds, but not the RTF!

In conclusion, it seems that I won't be waiting in too long of a line when I go to get my 4th gen.

I love my Glocks but did they have to make them uglier? Who's in charge of styling over there, Chris Bangle? I don't want my Glocks looking like Hi-Points personally. Of course styling isn't at the top of the list, but when they go out of their way to make it worse it doesn't exactly make one want to run out and spend another $500 on a new one.

If your grip tape is failing after just 500 rounds, you're getting the wrong stuff. Try this: http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/Glock.html

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GTG,
Have you gotten a TruGrip lately? Last I saw the suppliers were dropping them cause they weren't being delivered and Eric was pretty much unreachable.
Good product, I was unable to get anymore when I needed them a few months back.

I love my Glocks but did they have to make them uglier? Who's in charge of styling over there, Chris Bangle? I don't want my Glocks looking like Hi-Points personally. Of course styling isn't at the top of the list, but when they go out of their way to make it worse it doesn't exactly make one want to run out and spend another $500 on a new one.

If your grip tape is failing after just 500 rounds, you're getting the wrong stuff. Try this: http://www.ericwesselman.com/store/Glock.html

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
GTG,
Have you gotten a TruGrip lately? Last I saw the suppliers were dropping them cause they weren't being delivered and Eric was pretty much unreachable.

Damn, that sucks! Glad I've got a couple of spares!

shotty

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think glocks are a great pistol, I have a G17 and am picking up a G26 today. Simple , reliable, tough as nails and accurate. Most folks that shoot this gun, feel the same way. The biggest complaint, I've always heard was the grip, which is perfect for me. Looks the the Gen4 will solve that problem. Most shooters should get another gun in chrome, so they can polish it and keep their hands busy and mod it to death trying to achieve better preformance. A gun that works is simply boring.

Mitch H.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
GTG,

This was my experience as well. It took almost four weeks for me to get my order from him. I'm not sure what it is about guys in our industry. It seems like someone finds a niche market, like kydex holsters or grip tape, and they just SUCK at customer service.

Latest posts

Top Bottom