New Gen4 Glock

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the only change is a slightly smaller, interchangeable backstrap and a modified version of the RTF texture?

At least they lost the stupid fish-gill looking slide serrations. I wonder if the slide will actually say Gen4 on them....

TJay74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I lost respect with Glock when the coating on my slide came off and there was pitting on the slide and instead of replacing the slide they sent it out to a local coater in Atlanta GA where they are located here in the USA and allowed him to try and recoat it 4 times.

I finally pitched a fit and they stripped it and had it recoated by a more reputable place and replaced my night sights at no charge, but that was only after they had my gun for over 3 months.

I wont even go into how they were going to remove the 3.5lb disconnect because it was no longer availible to the general public and mine had one in it.

I am so glad I dont own one anymore, S&W has been leaps and bounds better to deal with.

Stephen Cue

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Call up Oklahoma Police Supply and ask Eric what he thinks of them as a company - I've heard this from a few other folks too. Glock is starting to act as if they no longer feel like they need the customers, but rather that the customers need them.

Now that I think about it, I have actually heard Eric discuss Glock this way. For some reason I was thinking about their quality in reference to what you are saying and not their marketing.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for posting a pic of it; I've been waiting to see one show up somewhere.

You can't see it from the picture, but it also has a dual recoil spring instead of the single spring. Supposed to soak up recoil a bit better.

The mag release is supposed to be reversible although a different design than the one Glock introduced not long ago. This design is supposed to use the old style side cut in the magazine and not that small rectangle cut in the front middle of the mag. I guess the new mags will have the side cut on both sides. The mag release looks a bit big to me.

I'm glad they abandoned the fish scale looking slide serrations. I thought they were hideous.

I think it will say gen4 on the slide.

I doubt they did this, but I'd really like to know if that slide is a little heavier/wider/beefier than a standard 22 slide...

Or also whether any frame changes were made to help the light malfunction issues people have experienced with 22's and 23's.

Thanks,

Alan

prdator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cant wait to get my hands on one!!
I think Glock is about 10 years behind on this but better late than never..
The dual recoil spring may be a really big deal for shooting fast..we'll just have to see.

This may really open up the Glock for the people with small hands.
and I may get the wife to ditch the dadgum M&P's lol..

RedTape

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The recoil spring is the only thing that really interest me. Can't argue with less recoil and faster shots. Other than that, I'm not impressed. Maybe I'll change my tune after I get my hands on one. You know what I'd really like to see on a Glock.....decent sights. Now that would be a change!

dsearcy

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am not a big fan of the RTF models. At first I thought they were different and neat, but after handling realized I preferred the Gen 3 frame. The recoil spring and interchangeable back straps may make it a more fun shooter.

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Call up Oklahoma Police Supply and ask Eric what he thinks of them as a company - I've heard this from a few other folks too. Glock is starting to act as if they no longer feel like they need the customers, but rather that the customers need them.

They'll fit right in with the HK folks!!!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom